Chapter 4

~ Grace's POV ~

I stood next to my mother while Gerry and Ray went to talk to Coach Boone about keeping Hammond players in their starting positions. I told them it was a bad idea, but they wouldn't listen. It's up to Coach to deal with them now.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I got an announcement to make

"Ladies and gentlemen, I got an announcement to make." I heard Boone say to all the parents.

Oh no. What did Gerry do now?

"We got Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin going to camp with us here this year. Jerry tells the jokes, Dean sings the songs and gets the girl. Let's give them a round of applause." Boone said while starting to clap. Everyone looked around as Boone was the only one who clapped.

I stifled a laugh as my mother and Fred looked at Coach Boone with disgust. I saw Gerry and Coach Boone glance at me and mom as Boone talked to Gerry. As soon as he and Ray got on the bus I walked up to Boone.

"So, I heard what you said to my brother," I said trying to hide my laugh. Boone looked at me for a few moments with furrowed eyebrows.

"You're laughin'." He said. I fake coughed before looking at him with a smile.

"Am I? Huh. I didn't notice," I said amused. Boone smirked at me.

"You found that funny?" He asked, confused. I let out a small laugh.

"Coach, I love my brother more than anything in this world. But even he needs to learn his place every now and then." I say. Boone nods his head in acknowledgment. I take a look at the buses and see they are self-segregated. I sigh. "So, what are we gonna do about this," I say nodding in the direction of the vehicles. Boone looked at me confused.

"I'm not sure what you are talkin' about." He said. I turn to him, furrowing my eyebrows.

"You haven't taken a look at the buses yet have you?" I say. He turns to look at them and he lets out a heavy sigh before marching onto the bus.

~ Julius' POV ~

I was sitting next to Blue and Petey listening to them chatting away until the whole bus fell quiet. I look up to see Coach Boone standing at the front looking at us.

"All right, listen up, I want everybody off the bus." He said. We all looked at him in confusion, before slowly standing up ourselves.

"Let's go. Follow me. Everybody. Let's go right now." He said and stepped off the bus, going into the other one and dragging everyone out of that bus too.

"Why we got to get off the bus?" Petey said.

"What are they doing, man?" Rev ask me. I looked at him and just shrugged.

Once everyone was off the bus Coach Boone began talking again. "Listen up, I don't care if you're black, green, blue, white, or orange, I want all of my defensive players on this site, all players going out for offense over here. Right now." He said. Everyone slowly made their way to their respective sides.