Chapter 15

~ Grace's POV ~

I was walking down the empty hall to meet up with Gerry before walking to practice when I ran into Julius. After our moment in the library, I had been avoiding him all day.

"Julius, if this is about earlier..." I trail off, not sure how to finish the sentence.

"It is." He says seriously, "I didn't get to say what I wanted to--" I cut him off.

"There's nothing to say." I start saying as I begin to walk away. I get cut off as Julius grabs my arm and pushes me up against the wall, smashing his lips onto mine. I kiss back immediately, wrapping my hands around his neck.

 I kiss back immediately, wrapping my hands around his neck

He pulls away slowly.

"You didn't let me finish." He says smiling. "I like you, Grace Bertier." I look at him in shock.

"You're joking right?" I ask. There was no way Julius liked me back.

"Why would I lie to you." He said softly. I shrugged

"I don't know. Sympathy?" I said not looking at him. I didn't want to get my hopes up, even though he just kissed me. Julius scoffed.

"I'm not jokin' Grace. I'm serious. I like you... a lot" He said looking at me. "I fell for you the moment I laid eyes on you. You are so beautiful, but there is so much more about you that makes you so special. You're selfless and kind. You're genuine and honest. I mean, you care for the guys. And you care for Sheryl like she's your own sister. I've never met a girl like you." I get lost in his soft brown eyes. Taking in everything he's saying, my heart races. He likes me. He really likes me.

"Julius..." I say trailing off, looking back at him. He has a look of worry on his face. I let out a breath before grabbing his shirt and pulling him back into another kiss.

 I let out a breath before grabbing his shirt and pulling him back into another kiss

~ Julius POV ~

She pulled me into another kiss, and I gladly kissed back. The familiar scent of vanilla flooded my senses. She was intoxicating. Her lips were just as soft as I thought they would be. Her arms are wrapped around my shoulders, her hand resting on the back of my neck. Her touch is setting my skin on fire like it always does. I can't get enough of her. I wrap an arm around her waist, pulling her closer, while the other hand gets tangled in her silky soft hair.