Chapter 14

~ Grace's POV ~

I was standing outside the school talking to Louie as people passed by.

"What you doin' at my school, boy?" I heard someone say as Petey and Julius walked past him. They both ignored the comment. Julius kept walking, probably looking for Gerry while Petey walked towards us. He shook up with Louie and then looked at me.

"Hey, Speedy." He said beaming. I smiled.

"Hi, Petey," I said cheerfully, giving him a small hug. 

"Man, this stuff is messed up." Louie said, looking around at all the protesting parents. Petey looked around too.

"Yeah, anything serious happen, they shut the school down, and our season go down the drain." Petey said to me and Louie, "This here's real messed up. But there are a lot of pretty women here." Petey said looking at all the girls. I scoff an elbow his side. Petey looks at me and smiles sheepishly.

"We don't need you here, either, hippie boy." Some boy said as Sunshine walked up to us.

"You hear what he said?" Another boy said as he blocked Ronnie's path.

"Hey, back off," I say to them as I push them away from Sunshine. The boys eye me. Looking me up and down. I glared.

~ Julius' POV ~

~ Julius' POV ~

I looked over my shoulder as I made my way through the crowd of people. I saw Gerry talking to a girl as I made my way to them.

"Hey, man," I say as I walk up to Gerry, sticking out my hand.

"Hey, Julius," Gerry says, smiling as he shook my hand.

"Man, it's crazy out here, man," I say looking behind me as I heard people yelling.

"Yeah, well, what did you expect?" Gerry asked, doing the same.

"I don't know. I ain't quite expect it to be like this." I say as I continue looking around.

"Ah, sorry. Julius, this is Emma." Gerry says gesturing to the blonde-haired girl next to him. Emma was pretty, I'll give her that. But she was no Grace. No one could compare to Grace's beauty in my eyes.

I stuck my hand out for her to shake. She glances at it before looking at me with disgust. She scoffed before glaring at Gerry and then walked off. I dropped my hand.

"Camp over now, huh? Back to the real world, Bertier." I say looking around. Gerry nods his head. "This is what they're integrating us for? We'd have been better off staying where we were." I say.

"Mmm." Is all Gerry said before he looked behind me. I turn to see what he was looking at and find him staring at Grace who was with Petey, Louie, and Sunshine. She was being separated from them as a group of guys started to surround her.