Chapter 12

~ Gerry's POV ~

Julius and I were in the locker room with the rest of the team. We were standing at our lockers, ignoring the rest of the guys as we talked amongst ourselves.

"So you and Grace," I start. Julius groans and turns to me.

"This again? Really?" he asked, irritated.

"This is my sister we're talkin about. Yes really." I say pointedly, but Julius rolls his eyes.

"I dunno man, we only just met. But I know that I like her." Julius says in a hushed tone. "I just dunno how she feel, man." He looks at the floor. I sigh.

"Then go find out man," He looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "Talk to her," I explain. Julius nods his head as he puts his gear up in his locker.

We tune back into what the guys were talking about when we heard laughing.

"Hey, I liked him better with the long hair, bro. Reminded me of Bertier's mama." I heard Blue say smugly. I turned around and looked at him with narrowed eyes while everyone laughed.

"What? What?" I say angered. Julius put a hand on my shoulder, pulling me back.

"Now, how do you know what Bertier's mama looks like?" Someone asked Blue, laughing.

"Brother, don't you know me and Bertier's mama went out on the town last night, bro?" Blue hollered, everyone started to laugh. I start walking towards him.

"What are you say--" I start but Julius pushes me back and cuts me off.

"Hold up, hold up. Listen, now, Blue. Why you talking about Bertier's mama like that? See, now, you making me angry, man. Look like I ain't gonna be able to take your mama to the prom no more." Julius said laughing as the guys joined him. I look at him and start to smile when I understand the joke.

"What you laughin' at, Jerry Buck? You need to tell your mama to shave them old legs of hers, bro." Julius and I turned to each other laughing a bit.

"And, Julius," We both look back at Blue, "when she's done, maybe your mama can borrow the razor and shave that old nasty back of hers," Blue says. Julius runs at him. Blue throws his arms up to shield himself.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait, wait, wait." Someone says as Blue hides behind him as Julius holds his fist up.

"You mad because she lookin' like a wolfman woman, bruh," Blue says as I pull Julius off him.

"Hey, hey. Lastik, man, what happened to you?" Petey says concerned. We all turn and look at him.

"Man, I just gave your mama a piggyback ride, and she weighs twice as much as I do," Louie says and we all burst out laughing as Petey's face dropped.

"That ain't funny," Petey says but we laugh anyway.

"That's--that's a mama joke." I say.