Chapter 9

~ Julius' POV ~

I leaned against the table with my shirt off as Grace helped bandage me up. I winced as Grace placed ice on the bruise on my rib. "Does that hurt?" she asked, panicked. I place my hand on top of hers, trying to ease her mind.

"It's alright, Grace

"It's alright, Grace. I'm fine." I say reassuringly. I see her smile softly. My heart races. The feeling of her soft skin on mine sends shock waves throughout my body. She smiles and nods as she puts the ice in my hand. She begins to bandage my shoulder.

 She begins to bandage my shoulder

Her touch sets my skin on fire. I felt her warmth leave my skin as I heard her rummaging through the first aid kit. I began to feel the coldness return to my skin and I hated it. I don't know why but I wanted her to be around me. I felt comfortable around her like I could let my guard down and tell her anything.

"Okay, this might hurt," Grace said nervously as she started to bandage the bruise I had been icing. The second she started to put pressure on it I let out a yell of pain.

 The second she started to put pressure on it I let out a yell of pain

"Sorry!!!" She panicked. "But I did tell you it was going to hurt." I took a deep breath.

"I know, I'm sorry." I say quietly, "I just wasn't expectin' that." I chuckle to calm her down a bit. She starts to laugh too. I smile looking at her. She is so beautiful.

~ Grace's POV ~

I smiled at him. He was so handsome. He was just a little bit taller than me, with a sharp jawline and washboard abs. And his eyes. Oh, his eyes, they were my favorite thing about him. I could stare into them all day. I found myself getting lost in his chocolate-brown orbs, but I was too entranced to care. It wasn't until I remembered that I needed to finish bandaging his bruise that I pulled my eyes from his.

"So, why are you getting into these fights anyway?" I asked. Julius raises his eyebrows at me. "You know, first it was with Gerry, now Ray. Almost seems as if you like getting punched." I shrug. He laughs.

"Nah. It ain't like that" He says chuckling a bit. I smile.

"Well then what is it, Julius?" I ask softly. He looks up at the wall, lost in thought.

"You and Gerry, you're siblings" He starts, looking back to me. I nod my head. "Well, it's kinda like that. Y'all would do anything for each other cause y'all brother and sister. I would do anything for Rev, Blue, Petey, and them 'cause they like my brothers." He explains.

"That's sweet of you," I say. He rolls his eyes and scoffs.

"I ain't sweet." He says seriously. "I just look out for my brothers, like you do for yours." He points out.

"Fair enough, but there's something about you, Julius Campbell," I say with a chuckle, as I start putting stuff back into the first aid kit.

"Yeah? what?" He says unimpressed. I look at him for a moment. The quietness engulfs us.

"You're a lot sweeter then you let on." I say. He scoffs. "But I like it." I finished. He snaps his head to look at me. After looking at him for a few more seconds, I turn back to continue putting stuff away.

"Ya know, You're different from him," Julius says out of the blue. I turn around and raise an eyebrow.

"Different from who?" I ask.

"You're brother." He says. "If y'all didn't say anything, I wouldn't have known y'all were related." I laugh a bit at that.

"Yeah, you might have a point there," I say smiling, Julius smiles back at me. That smile.

"Why are y'all so different." He asks curiously. I sigh.

"Truthfully, I'm not so sure. I've come to the conclusion it's probably because of the people he hangs out with." Julius looks at me, waiting for me to continue. "You know, Ray and them," I say and he nods his head in understanding. "As we got older, I didn't hang out with them as much 'cause I didn't like how they treated other people," I say, looking at Julius who was smiling at me. "What?" I ask, smiling too.

"I'm glad you guys are different. I like the person you've become." He says. I look into his eyes and see nothing but sincerity. He starts leaning in, and I follow.

Just as I could feel his minty breath on my face the door opened and we jumped away from each other

Just as I could feel his minty breath on my face the door opened and we jumped away from each other. I turn to the door to see Alan standing there.

~ Julius' POV ~

"Don't you knock?" Grace snapped. Alan threw his hands up in surrender.

"Sorry, I didn't know Julius was still in here." He said, panicked. I roll my eyes.

"Relax. I'm done here," I say getting up and putting my shirt back on. I look at Grace and smile, "I'll see you later." She smiles and nods at me before turning her attention to Alan who's wrist was black and blue. I took my leave and got to the locker room to put my gear on for evening practice. The whole time, I was thinking about how we almost kissed, I how much I wished Alan hadn't interrupted us.