Chapter 9

"I'm sorry, we were-" Luisa came running up the stairs in tears. "My Gift! I'm losing my Gift!"

Alma looked annoyed and faced Lusia. "What?" Luisa looked like a mess. "Mirabel and I were having this little talk about me carrying too much."

Alma shot a dirty look at Mirabel. "so, I tried not to carry so much, but I realized it was putting me behind and I knew I was gonna let everyone down and I felt really bad, so I was grabbing all the donkeys, but then when I went to throw the donkeys in the barn, they were heavy!" She ran to her room sobbing and slammed the door shut.

"What did you do? What did you say to her?" She questioned looking at her with hate. "Nothing. I... I don't," She studdered looking around. "Mirabel," Alma said in a sten voice.

Mirabel stood up straight and eyes white. "I want you to-" The Chruch bells interrupted Alma making Mirabel go back to herself. "I have to go get the Guzmáns for Isabela's engagement," She looked down at her wristwatch.

"Stay away from Luisa until I can talk to her. Tonight, we can't have any more problems," She said looking at both of us. I stared right back at her macking her sneer slightly. "And whatever you're doing, stop doing it,"

She started to walk down the stairs. "Let's go to the nursery," She dragged me to her room. I was still thinking about Lusia losing her power and how I was strong now.

Mirabel poured out the pieces of glass and we started putting the pieces together. "Why am I in Bruno's vision?" I ask looking at the few pieces we put together.

We jumped at the sound of thunder at the door. "Tía! Jeez," Mirabel said slowly putting the glass shards in her bag. "Sorry. Sorry, I didn't mean to- Shoo, shoo, shoo!" She grabbed the cloud above her and put it out the door.

"I just wanted to get the last of Toñito's things" She grabbed a few things and put them in a box. "and then I heard the name we do not speak," She said covering the teddy bear's ears. Another cloud appears above her head sprinkling.

"Great. Now I'm thundering, and that thunder will lead to a drizzle and a drizzle will lead to a sprinkle," She groaned and sighed. "Clear skies, clear skies, clear skies," The cloud disappeared as she whispered.

"Tía Pepa? If-" I cut her off. "If he had a vision about someone, what would it mean for them?" Pepa had a cloud over her getting her and objects around her wet.

"We don't talk about Bruno," She said wring out a small towel. "I know. It's just hypothetically if he saw you" She looked at us and sighed.

"Mirabel, Y/N, please, we need to get ready for the Guzmáns," Mirabel sighed and closed her bag. "I just wanna know if it was generally positive or, like, less positive-" "It was a nightmare!" I jumped went Felix cut me off.

"Felix!" Pepa got up fast and grabbed his arm. "Hey, she needs to know, Pepi, she needs to know," He said grabbing her hand placing a kiss on it.

"We don't talk about Bruno," She pointed a finger into his chest. "He would see something terrible. And then" he made some ticking noises then made a mini explosion with his hands. "Boom! It would happen."

"We don't talk about Bruno," Pepa pulled her husband away and picked up some more of Antonio's things. "What if you didn't understand what he saw," Mirabel asked holding her bag tightly.

"Then you better figure it out, because it was coming for you," He said grabbing us by the shoulders. Pepa pulled Felis back. "We don't talk About Bruno-no-no-no"

She pointed her finger in his chest as he held up his hands in surrender. "We don't talk about Bruno," She wagged her finger at us but Felix wrapped his arm around her waist.