Faith, Reconstruction, and a Disastrous Revelation

"Pain is only relevant if it still hurts."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Minxie's POV

"You're... You're my father?" I asked, unable to believe it. Looking at him, I actually found myself believing his claim. He looked so much like Ryuu and I. The same jawline, the same eyes... And hadn't Orochimaru once told me that my father's name was Hasashi? "Dad?"

Hasashi smiled, "My little princess... It's been so long since I've heard you say that."

"Neither of you will be able to say anything once I tear you apart!" the monster, who has indeed the Creator, hissed from behind the gate.

"We should probably move. I'm not a fan of being threatened by thousand-year-old spirits," Hasashi said. He snapped his fingers, placing us in a grassy field. I recognized it as the dream world Mai had taken me too when Zabuza had stabbed me. "Much better. Does it look familiar?"

"Mai took me here once," I replied. I bent down, my hand stroking a few purple flowers. "It's so peaceful here."

"I created it for you, back then, when Mai became your Guardian," He said. "I figured you could use a place of your own. You know, one where you could be happy."

"Right... You wanted me to be happy," I echoed. "Was that before or after you decided it was okay to seal a spirit inside of me that made my life a living hell?"

He sighed, "Emi-"

"Minxie," I interrupted him. He raised an eyebrow. "Minxie. My name is Minxie. It's the name I got in the dimension Mom sent me to. It kind of stuck."

"It suits you," He said quietly. "I have no right to ask you to listen to me... But I'd really like a chance to tell you the truth about what happened when you were born." He sat down, looking up at me expectantly.

I stared at him for a few moments before giving in, sitting down next to him. "You have five minutes. If I don't like where the story's going, I'll leave without looking back."

He smiled, "You remind me a lot of your mother. You... You don't remember her much, do you?"

"... No," I replied, swallowing. "I don't remember her at all. Ryuu does, though."

He sighed in relief. "So you and Ryuu did find each other again... I'm so glad."

"It was tough, but we managed. Although... We wouldn't have had to find each other if you hadn't separated us in the first place," I said bitterly, glaring at the grass.

"... I know you're angry with me. You have every right to be. But you must know the truth. Even before you and Ryuu were born, the Takeda clan was in madness. My own twin brother, Hitoshi, actively despised me and wanted to overthrow me. The night you were born, he came after the one thing he knew would make me obey him. He came after you and your brother.