Just Tonight

"Just tonight, I won't leave, and I'll lie and you'll believe. Just tonight, I will see... That it's all because of me."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The morning after that was just plain awkward. Suigetsu and I still had our random discussions, Karin continued to glare at me... It was a normal morning, more or less. However, something just felt off.

The conversation I had with Sasuke the night before kept running through my mind. Our relationship was already so complicated and tragic... I didn't want to complicate things even more by talking about it.

But still... I couldn't help what I was feeling right now. And the fact that I didn't know what the hell I was feeling anymore really just screwed me over, too.

I knew that I didn't hate Sasuke. I knew that I should, but for some reason, I just couldn't. I never bothered to figure out what that reason was, until now. And now, I was terrified to figure it out. Why? Because I already had a good feeling of what that reason was. And that reason could be summed up it four simple words:

I still loved Sasuke.

But I didn't want to. I knew that I hated him for what he did with every fiber of my being. But then why... Why couldn't I stop thinking about him? Why did I enjoy being so close to him? Why did I shiver in delight whenever his skin made contact with mine? None of it made sense.

I wanted so badly to hate him, but I couldn't. I was supposed to hate him. After what he did, I wasn't supposed to care about him.

Yet here I was, sitting only five feet away from him.

Why did my love life have to be so damn complicated?

And, on top of that, I felt in my gut that something was going to happen today. I didn't know if it was good or bad, but I had a feeling that it'd involve Sasuke. And honestly? I was afraid.

Suigetsu and Jugo went off into the forest to search for more wood. Karin was cleaning up, and Sasuke and I began moving the used firewood away from our campsite.

"Minxie," Sasuke said suddenly, making me look up.

"Yeah?" I inquired, tilting my head at him.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Oh, this isn't going to be good.

I forced a smile. "Sure."

Karin wasn't paying attention, apparently, because Sasuke and I were able to walk away without her freaking out. He led me to a hill not too far away from our campsite.

We stood around in an awkward silence, neither of us sure how to begin this complicated conversation.

So, I began with, "Look, Sasuke, if this is about what you asked me last night-"