The New Deal

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Scarlett's POV

"It's going... It's going... And... And... I failed!" I exclaimed, sighing deeply. My training still wasn't going too well. I could create a Rasengan, sure, but getting it to discharge like the Chidori was way too complicated.

I had succeeded in getting it to discharge a bit, but that was all I could get to. I couldn't imagine trying to add all of the chakra natures to that, too.

The Rasengan and Chidori weren't exactly simple jutsus. Although Minxie knew them, and because I was using her chakra, I did too, things still weren't easy. Creating both jutsus at the same time and adding chakra natures to them seemed impossible.

Naruto was getting somewhere, too. Of course, he needed three shadow clones to create his Rasengan and add his wind change in nature to it.

"Come on, Minxie," Yamato urged. "We both know you can do better than this."

"I'm trying, okay? There are some things in life that're just impossible," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"C'mon, Minx! That's not like you!" Naruto called from his position a few feet away from me.

"Yeah, yeah..." I muttered, rolling my eyes. "Look, I just don't work well under pressure."

"Really? Because when I taunted you a bit, you ended up learning how to float," Kakashi said.

"That was before!" I exclaimed, although I had NO idea what he was talking about. Minxie could float? Great. She's more jacked up than I thought.

"Hey, Minx!" Naruto called, and I looked up, walking over to him.

"Yeah, Naruto?" I said, smiling at him.

"Um... Well, I, err... I was thinking that... You know, after we finished training and whatever... That, um... We'd goonadate!" He said.

"Err... What?" I asked, suppressing an eye-twitch.

He let out a deep breath. "Well, when we were on our mission to Tenchi Bridge... You said we'd... You know, go on a date once we got back. I know we haven't really had the time, 'cuz of our training and all, but maybe tonight or something, if you want," He said, scratching the back of his head nervously.

"Really?" I said, my eyes widening a fraction. I thought Minxie had Gaara? "I said that?"

"Yeah," He said. "Don't you remember?"

"Oh, yeah..." I muttered, although I had no idea what he was talking about. "Actually, Naruto, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. After seeing Sasuke again and getting kidnapped by Orochimaru... I really don't feel like going on a date right now. I'm not ready for a relationship. Plus, you're just my best friend. Okay?"