The Sand Village

"Because hate is only the start of a great love story."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ryuu's POV

"You're serious?" I asked, my eye twitching.

"Completely," the Hokage answered, "Your sister was needed on a mission. As much as I'd love to postpone your test, it's necessary for you to continue staying here. Minxie isn't available right now, so we need to get someone else."

I sighed, trying not to get too frustrated. But how couldn't I? I didn't want anyone in Konoha to know I was a part of the Akatsuki, especially if I didn't know them. Besides, what person wants a stranger poking around in their head and looking through their memories?

"Look, Ryuu, you don't have to look so uneasy. To make you more comfortable, I've chosen someone around your age to perform the jutsu. Her clan has a special kekkai genkai that she can reflect upon me," she said, "We won't invade your personal thoughts. All I need is to see enough of your mind to know you're completely sane. If not, well... It won't be good."

My eyes widened, and I felt like running away from her. A kekkei genkai, huh? There was only one person that I knew about who, apparently, had a mind jutsu like that.

"Please, for the love of God... Please tell me that that... Blonde creature of a female... Isn't going to perform the jutsu," I pleaded, my eye twitching rapidly at the thought of Ino, another one of Minxie's very loud, very annoying friends.

She laughed, shaking her head. "Now I do believe that you really are Minxie's brother. But, no, it's a different girl. One that your sister is very fond of, if I may say so myself."

There was a knock at the door, and the Hokage called a brief, "enter." When I saw just who had entered, I felt like punching something. Why? Because the person the Hokage had chosen was far from being a stranger. In fact, she knew me better than anyone.

"Sorry I'm late, Lady Hokage! I got caught up at the Academy and- You've got to be kidding me," Rin said, her tone turning flat at the end as she finally sensed my chakra.

"Rin," the Hokage greeted, oblivious to the younger girl's flat expression, "Glad to see you made it. I'm sure you're familiar with Minxie's brother, correct?"

"Sadly, I am," Rin replied.

"How subtle of you," I muttered sarcastically, but of course, she caught it.

"Sorry, but I wasn't addressing you now, was I?" She snapped. "Exactly. No, I wasn't. So shut up."

"I don't recall ever taking orders from you, Princess," I shot back at her.

"I don't recall asking you to talk to me," She growled.

"Am I missing something here...?" the Hokage interrupted. "Such animosity... What happened?"