My Doppelganger

"Keep your hand in my hand, your heart on your sleeve."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I stared at Scarlett, my eyes widening again and again. This just wasn't possible! How did she look so much like me? And how was she even real!?

"What... What are you?" I asked, my expression one of both shock and fear.

"I'm the Doppelganger," She answered easily. "In other words, I'm you, just in another form. But you see, there's just one tiny little difference..."

Suddenly, she was at my feet and she had tossed me into the air. I skidded across the ground, and when the world stopped spinning, I blinked at her.

"... I'm bad," She finished with a smirk.

"No.... No," I said, shutting my eyes. "You're not real. You can't be real!"

"I am real," She insisted. "You've got a creative mind, but you're not that insane. I am a real person."

"No, you're not!" I argued. "You used to live in my mirror, for Pete's sake! And that's where you'll stay! When I open my eyes... You'll be gone!"

After a few moments, I opened my eyes, and to my relief, Scarlett was gone. The training grounds were empty except for me.

Someone tapped my shoulder, and I spun around quickly.

"Yeah... Still here," Scarlett said, smirking. "You can't just wish me away, Minxie. Not without disappearing yourself. I'm real, and I'm here to say."

"What the hell do you want with me!?" I shouted, standing up and taking steps away from her.

"Oh, how I hate repeating myself," She sighed. "I told you already. I want to play a game."

"What game?" I asked.

"In this game, I make the rules, and you follow them, no matter what they are," She said. "If you don't follow them... I'll kill you and everyone you love."

And I knew that she would. The way she spoke... I knew that she could kill me. She could kill anyone she wanted to.

"Why... Why are you doing this to me?" I asked, my lip quivering.

"Because, dear Minxie," She answered. "It's why I was born."

"Minxie?" Kylie's voice called, and I stared at Scarlett.

"We'll see each other again some other time," Scarlett said. She waved at me, smirking, and then just like that, she was gone.

My eyes never left the space where she had once stood, even when Kylie, Naruto and Sakura had all arrived at the training grounds.