Bringing Her Back

"I can only be manipulated so many times before even 'I love you' starts to sound like a lie."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When Minxie woke up, her body felt sore. Her muscles ached, but the worst pain was in her head. She didn't even have to open her eyes to know that there was a large bump on her forehead. She felt a terrible migraine coming on, and it angered her that she was feeling any of this pain at all. If Scarlett and the rest of her friends had left her alone, she wouldn't feel like she had just been hit by a bus.

It didn't help that Minxie had no idea where she was, either. She finally opened her eyes, taking in her surroundings. She gathered that she was in a tent, but there was nothing else around her.

She looked down, realizing that she was sitting in a chair. Her wrists were strapped tightly to the piece of furniture, just like her ankles were. She struggled to break free of the ropes that were binding her, but they didn't even budge.

The tent opened, making sunlight flood in. The sun's rays hurt her eyes, and she had to blink a few times before she could look at the person who had just entered. She looked up and glared at the figure.

"Look who finally decided to join the party," Ryuu smirked, casually shoving his hands in his pockets.

Minxie glared at him, angry at the fact that he had thrown her previous words back at her. "What the hell is this?"

"This, dear sister, is an intervention," He replied easily. "More specifically, this is your salvation."

"Why can't I have my salvation when I'm not tied to a chair?" She questioned.

"Oh, come on, now. We both know you'd bolt out of here before any real saving got done," He stated. "Which is why we made sure to tie you down."

She stared at him, "We?"

He nodded at the doorway, the cloth parted, and Mitchell stepped into the tent.

Minxie rolled her eyes. "I should've known you would get your lap dog to do your bidding."

"Name calling, huh? That's what we're doing, now?" Mitchell inquired. He shook his head. "Now I'm kind of glad I strapped you to that chair."

"You did this?" She hissed, glaring at him.

"It was a group effort. I got the ropes, Josh brought the chair, Ryuu tied you down... Isn't it great how we're all getting along?" He inquired, smirking slightly at her. "Even without you, we've managed to stay friends."

"Friends don't tie each other to chairs," She snapped.

"Friends don't break each other's wrists, either, but you've already broken that rule once," Ryuu reminded. "We're past the friendship route."