Forgiveness

"I know where you hide alone in your car, know all of the things that make you who you are. I know that goodbye means nothing at all; comes back and begs to catch her every time she falls."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Minxie's POV

Ryuu had comforted me for a long while, whispering sweet nothings into my ear. But the tears just wouldn't stop coming.

Eventually, I got exhausted, and I just fell asleep.

I was a bit surprised, however, to find myself waking up in my own bed. I looked around my room, finally registering how long it was since I'd been there.

I had remodeled my room to be just as it was in the old house. I had pictures all over the walls, but they were more recent than those at the old house. Oh, and my new room was just as messy as my old one.

I got up, smoothing my hair down. I noticed a piece of paper on my desk, so I picked it up to read it, recognizing Ryuu's penmanship instantly.

Minxie,

I know you're probably confused as to how you're at the house, but there's nothing to be worried about. You cried yourself out, sis. You fell asleep at the training grounds, and I brought you home.

I know you didn't want me to leave you, and trust me, I feel terrible for doing so, but I really just needed to be alone. Don't worry; I'm not doing anything stupid. I will come back to the house, just not yet.

Please don't look for me. Chances are, you'll find me, and I really just need to be alone. I love you, sis. See you soon.

-Ryuu

I sighed, putting the note back down on my desk. Ryuu was handling Itachi's death a lot better than I thought he would.

Of course, I knew what he wrote on the paper was a bunch of lies. He may not have been planning to do anything stupid, but he would obviously be flipping out the second he was away from me.

I looked out the window, noticing that it was now night time. However, the night seemed a lot darker than usual. Plus, there were absolutely no stars to be seen.

A meowing distracted me, and I spun around to see two kittens emerge from under my bed. My eyes widened.

"Bear?" I said, staring at the gray kitten. "Teacup? Oh my gosh!"

I went over to them, scooping them up into my arms. They purred lovingly, and I scratched their ears comfortably.

"Where were you two hiding all of this time? What, is the underside of my bed your Narnia?" I inquired, petting them.

My kittens! I hadn't seen them in such a long time. I actually thought they had run away or something... I mean, I hadn't seen them in ages! I was going to look, but considering all of the crap I'd been dealing with lately, it really wasn't an option.

I remembered the day I had received these kittens: my fourteenth birthday. I smiled to myself at the memory. Mitchell and Kiba had given me Bear and Teacup.

"Never disappear from me ever again," I said, looking into their big blue eyes. They both meowed in response, and I shrugged, deciding that was good enough as an answer.

I put them down on the floor, placing their food in the corner and letting them play around. Currently, they were wrestling playfully with each other.

I shook my head, smiling and grabbing my things so I could take a quick shower. Once I was done, I changed into a more comfortable outfit consisting of a black sports bra, a light blue crop top that exposed a portion of my stomach, dark pants that ended directly above my knees, and black flats.