concert three

Lyrics were the last thing on Xiao's mind when the morning came. He had previously written a 30 second line with lyrics two days before the incident with Barbatos, but ever since then he couldn't get his mind to focus. It all went back and back to the twitch streamer.

He wouldn't have thought his favorite streamer would actually listen to his songs, but even so, he was happy. He knew millions listened to him, yet he couldn't wrap his head around Barbatos being one of those people. It felt like Hu Tao predicted what was going to happen with the texts, on the same day.

He found it crazy, yet exciting. He never would have had this opportunity if it weren't for him being an idol. For once, he was grateful for being famous. But still, all this didn't help his lyrics flow any better.

Xiao sat up in his bed, staring at his desk full of papers all over the top and even his floor. He had been trying for several weeks now to get at least a full line of new lyrics but- he found absolutely nothing. He was, for once, stuck. And he didn't like the feeling.

There's some things Xiao never wanted to experience in lyric-writing, and that was this. It's like his head wouldn't work out anything that would work together in a song. He took a long pause to collect himself before leaning to the side and grabbing his phone off the charger it was sitting on.

He checked his screen, seeing the bunches of instagram notifications, which he mostly ignored, but he saw a message from his friends in a group chat.

"The idol and the normies" group chat, is what it's named. You can guess why. Hu Tao was the creator of the group, and it consisted of her, Xiao, and their friend Ganyu. Ganyu was a normal high school student like Hu Tao, and was always close with Xiao ever since childhood. Their parents were extremely close.

Hu Tao:
<there's a way for all of us to go to the park right?>

└── Xiao replied to Hu Tao:
<Yes, there is. I can go to the park, what time?>

Ganyu:
<But won't you get crowded and maybe other things may happen!>

Xiao:
<No. Not if I wear a hat. My hair is most noticeable. Thank you for your concern Ganyu, I appreciate it.>

Hu Tao:
<GREAT! I'll get u the time in a sec i need to ask my grandpa!>

Ganyu:
<alright.>

Xiao set his phone down, finally flipping his legs up and over his bed. He stood up with ease, his feet touching his carpeted ground. He walked over to his desk, slumping dow n into the chair almost immediately. "Seriously i shouldn't be leaving this house until i finish these.." He filled his gaze with a mess of papers and song ideas. It was a mess honestly. Maybe he should have someone else write for him at this point.

He could only wish. The words of his name pierced through his dream. "Xiao!" The boy set his papers down, annoyed by the voice already. "Xiao! Get down here!"

He took a deep breath before standing up to walk downstairs to greet his mother a good-morning.

"Why is Hu Tao here?" Xaio asked, leaning against the table as he stuffed un-baked bread into his mouth.

"Wow, such a rude way to greet a friend who walked all the way here for you!" Hu Tao started to wipe her eyes as if she were actually crying. "Oh, and Ganyu's here." Hu Tao suddenly stopped, pointing outside the door to a timid and shy girl standing behind it.

"You have no right to barge into my house, please leave immediately!" Xaio's mother stepped forward in attempt to push the teenage girl away.

"What? You're house?" Hu Tao's face turned from a smile to an immediate frown. "You don't do anything for this house besides clean it every once in a while. You don't pay for rent! This is Xiao's house and you have no right to say otherwise! Yes, you may have been the start of his-"

"Hu Tao." Xaio finally stepped in, seeing his mother already having tears fill her eyes. They looked so similar to Xaio's. He looked at her face and guilt began to wash over him. "If we're leaving let's do it now while I have time."

"Pfft. Yeah whatever." She attempted to retaliate against the idol, but he gave her no option. The grip from his hand onto her arm was enough to make her start pleading for forgiveness. He continued to ignore her pleads, and she dragged her forcefully outside where Ganyu was watching with anxiety filled eyes.

"Xiao! W-where are you going?" His mother suddenly spoke, when he was already out the door. Xiao stopped, turning his head towards his mother.

She looked almost nothing like him. Everything was different from the hair, attitude and even talent wise- but their eyes were identical. A rarely seen gold. Something Alatus was praised for from his fans globally.

"I'll be back soon. Call me if you need something. Don't worry about me getting lost, I have Ganyu and Hu Tao. Please make yourself lunch. Alright?" Even if she was an adult herself, He felt extremely responsible for her and her health. Despite the way he was treated by her. He wanted a happy family without a father, was that too much to accomplish?

She stayed silent for a moment longer before turning her back on the group of three. Xiao sighed, and let go of Hu Tao.

"Owie.." Hu Tao complained, Ganyu walking forward, in between them and closing the front door. "Let's go, yeah?" She said quietly.

"Sure." Xiao agreed with a small but noticeable nod.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

i'm so sorry i like haven't posted in a LONG TIME

LOVE U ALL AND UHHHH hopefully this story will actually continue idk dik dkkdkk

anyways nice reading and thank you for the support!

ありがとうございます 〜♫