concert nine

(FOR THE LITERAL SAKE OF MY SANITY XIAO IS 17 DISREGARDING WHAT I'VE PREVIOUSLY SAID...(IF I'VE SAID ANYTHING I HAVE NO IDEA) VENTI IS 21. IF I'VE SAID SOMETHING IN THE PAST PLEASE IGNORE IT BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND THE AGES I USED BEFORE ANYWHERE :(((( THANK YOU!!!!) (if you don't like the age gap, please don't bother commenting. xiao will be turning 18 BEFORE they get together. there's a reason he's 17 right now. four years is not a big age gap.) 

"i was called in because you were filming. sorry i'm late."  the blonde smiled  innocently, causing xiao to shrug her reply off. 

"it's whatever. you're just my manager, no need to supervise me." he said, taking a bite out of a sandwich in front of him. 

"right," she said, sitting down beside him. "you mom called me this morning crying again." she said, with a visible frown. 

xiao almost choked. "what happened?!" he said loudly, the camera men and other staff taking a look for themselves, but quickly seeing it was nothing fun. 

"she said and quote, 'i miss my xiao,'" she started, leaning her head on her hand and leaning forward. "'he's been leaving me alone so much and i don't know what to do, he's supposed to love me like before.'"  she finished, seeming a bit annoyed by what she had quoted. 

"oh..." xiao trialed off. "i can try and go back tonight?" he suggested to himself. 

"no, you're busy for the next few days. she won't be able to survive a month or two if she can't stand a few damn days." the boys manager scoffed. 

"the tour won't be a month! lumine..." he sighed, continuing to eat. "i'll call her today." he said with his mouth full. 

"what ever," she leaned back and crossed her legs. "just focus on filming. seriously." 

their conversation eventually split onto a different topic, and lasted for the entire 30 minutes time slot for lunch break. 

"alatus, ready to film?" 

the boy shrugged meaning yes. he once again shuffled into the recording room and from then on did pretty well on the lines, and the english lines didn't turn out too bad either. he called recording a day once he finished almost half. 

"one last interview!" a man called, ushering the teen onto the couch. "go!" 

"um, filming the other parts weren't so bad," he explained in chinese. "i think i did well. i hope everyone thinks so too. there's so many parts in this song that get me a little annoyed, but i think..." he stopped for a moment to think. "i think that people may not like this song because it's in korean." 

he shrugged, carrying on with his topic. "it's not different from what i usually sing, but a whole different language. chinese is so different from korean." he shook his legs anxiously. "i just hope people still like my songs even if they're not in the usual language." he finished, with a half forced smile. 

"cut!" a man yelled, everyone saying 'good job' or 'congrats' to each-other. not to xiao.

he stayed sitting, the camera's still facing his way despite them not filming. he stayed seated, not knowing what to do.

'good job,' he told himself. 'now you have to call mom.' 

"nicely done." xiao looked up, waving to lumine. 

"thank you." he said, standing. "can i have my phone to call my mother?" he asked, knowing she had it. 

she dug in her pocket before pulling out a clear cased silver phone. "here," she said. "you video will be released in a few days once we get the filming from tomorrow too. be ready for recording next morning too." 

xiao nodded, staring at his empty phone with no notifications. 

"did she not call you at all?" she asked, looking at the screen of his phone as well. "bitch just wanted to waste my time or something?" she questioned, turning her back to the idol. "i swear she's not a real parent sometimes." 

xiao felt offended on behalf of his mother. "you don't have any right to say that."  he said, following her as she walked out the room. "you have no idea what she's like! don't insult her like that." 

"you know it's the truth xiao!" she turned around once they were out of hearing range. "you're only an idol for her. do you want to be here or not? i have thousands of people who want to be in your place."  she stated, holding her phone tightly in her hand. she wasn't going to do this at first, but sometimes it's hard to control emotions. she's not as good as her brother at it.

the poor boy looked like he was going to cry. "she's done nothing wrong. a few hurtful words or actions won't be the death of me. that's her parenting style," he said quietly. lumine was like the big sister he never had. he trusts her. he loves her like a brother would. they're family. 

"she loves me." he finished with a sniff. 

"xiao you have to realize what she says to you is not normal. you aren't a disappointment or anything else she calls you. you're so impressive at this age to be making ten times her old salary." lumine sighed, caressing his face lovingly. "how about you come over to my house tonight?" she offered. "you can finally meet aether, and maybe we can all watch a movie or something?" she suggested, the younger nodding. 

"okay."  he agreed, feeling a bit bad about their quarrel. "you've talked about him a lot..."  he pondered, trying to think if she's said anything else. 

"yeah, he is my twin after all. the better controlled one at that." she laughed, remembering all the times she got angry and he remained calm. all the times she complained while he smiled. he's a sweet guy.

"okay." he said, looking at his phone while they were taking an elevator down to the ground. 

ME: 
<mom, you alright?> 
SEEN 

he frowned, not seeing any action besides from the 'seen' below his message. 

"aether says he has a friend over, so you'' be introduced to him if you don't mind."  she said shutting off her phone and slipping it in her pocket. 

"as long as he's not an insane fan sure..." xiao mumbled still taken aback by his mother. 

the italics is because this all happened while filming, and the time BEFORE PRESENT TIME. 

CURRENTLY THE PRESENT TIME IS WHEN VENTI IS STREAMING. 
THE PAST CURRENTLY IS XIAO FILMING AND XIAO MEETING AETHER AND HIS FRIEND IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.

cool thanks pray for my sick ass </3