concert 13

<hello! it's been a while! enjoy the chapter, it's a different style than usual :)> 

Once they had met up (a little after the said time), Xiao and Venti walked into the cozy coffee shop on the corner of the street. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, and the sound of soft jazz music played in the background. They found a small table by the window and sat down, looking out at the passing people.

Venti grinned mischievously and said, "So, Xiao, what do you usually order in a coffee shop?"

Xiao replied curtly, "I don't come to coffee shops often."

Venti raised an eyebrow, "Really? Not even for the pastries or the atmosphere?" Xiao remained silent, looking at the menu.

Venti chuckled, "I'll order for you then. How about a latte with extra foam and a croissant?"

Xiao nodded slight blush erasing on his cheeks, "Sure." As they waited for their order, Venti started tapping his fingers on the table, humming along to the jazz music.

Xiao looked at him curiously, "What's on your mind, Venti?"

Venti grinned, "Oh, nothing much. I was just thinking about how much I enjoy the simple pleasures in just hanging out with someone you like."

Xiao raised an eyebrow, "You like?"

Venti laughed, "Of course! What, you think I dislike you?" He chuckled, Xiao feeling a little embarrassed at the remark. 

Their drinks and croissant arrived, and Xiao took a sip of his latte, enjoying the smooth texture, but not so much the sugar planted inside. He did try his best to hide it. Venti took a bite of his croissant, savouring the buttery, flaky pastry.

Xiao looked out the window again, watching the people walking by. Venti leaned back in his chair, a contented smile on his face as he looked at Xiao.

For a moment, there was nothing but the sound of jazz music and the gentle chatter of the other customers in the coffee shop. Xiao and Venti enjoyed their coffee and croissant in silence, lost in their own thoughts, and both too embarrassed to say much.

As they finished their drinks and snacks, Venti stood up and stretched. "That was great, Xiao. We should do this again sometime!"

Xiao nodded, turning his head to the side, "Yes, we should."

As they walked out of the coffee shop and into the bustling street, Xiao felt a sense of contentment he had not felt in a long time. Maybe Venti was right – sometimes, it's the little hangouts with the people you like to make the difference.

Xiao and Venti continued their walk down the street, the sound of their footsteps echoing on the pavement. The sun was beginning to set, casting a warm glow over the city.

Venti turned to Xiao, "So, what's been on your mind lately?"

Xiao hesitated for a moment before answering, "I've been thinking about how I haven't really had a..hangout like this before."

Venti placed a hand on Xiao's shoulder, "Well I'm glad we are hanging out! I know you don't have much time but I really enjoyed it."

Xiao nodded, "Yes, thank you."

Venti smiled softly, "No thank you! You always work so hard, sometimes you need a break. Come to me if you ever want to talk a little, yeah?"

Xiao felt a warmth in his chest at Venti's words. He had always been a solitary person, keeping his thoughts and feelings to himself. But being around Venti made him feel like he could open up, like he had someone to rely on.

They walked in comfortable silence for a few moments before Venti spoke again, "Hey, Xiao, have you ever tried singing with friends? Like karaoke without the karaoke bar."

Xiao looked at him incredulously, "Like that? No."

Venti chuckled, "Really? Don't give me that look! Even if it's just for fun. Come on, let's try it."

They found a quiet corner of the park, away from the crowds. Venti started humming a tune, and Xiao hesitantly joined in, unsure of this makeshift karaoke. They sang softly at first, but soon their voices grew louder, harmonising together in a beautiful melody.

Xiao felt a sense of joy he had not felt in a long time. For a brief moment, he forgot about whatever worries about the future he held. All that mattered was the present moment, the sound of their voices blending together in perfect harmony.

As they finished the song, Xiao smiled at Venti, "I think you should really be a singer Venti."

Venti grinned, "See, I told you it would be fun. Maybe we should form a band instead of you being a soloist!" He joked.

Xiao laughed, "I don't think I'm ready for that quite yet. But maybe one day."

They walked back to Xiao's apartment, the city lights twinkling around them. Xiao felt a sense of peace and contentment he had not felt in a long time. Maybe the weight of his past would always be there, but with people like Venti by his side, he felt like he could face anything. The tingle in his heart never faded, and he had a feeling it wouldn't until the time came when he'd be separated from the older.