concert eight

venti opened his eyes, his head giving him slight annoyance. maybe he drank too much? (as he says 'there's never too much wine!' and proceeds to drink more). he yawned, sitting and and noticing he was on his living room floor with a blanket and a pillow. wow, how caring is aether? 

"could he at least have put me on my bed?" venti thought to himself, maybe a little annoyed with his friend. he finally stood up after cursing aether out in his head for a bit. he assumed aether had left, as his place was still as dirty as it was last night. 

he grumbled, knowing he'd have to clean up the living room eventually...but that wasn't right now. he did remember he had a stream today, early too. so that's first priority. to act cute so people would pay his rent. 

he burst into his room with a freshly microwaved cup of ramen after 5 minutes, and he looked in the closet to quickly change into a top that would look good on screen. he fixed his hair, and his makeup, whatever he needed to clean for the screen. 

he hopped on his chair, and opened twitch to start the stream.* he waited for a while, his intermission screen on as thousands joined. he was a little late, so people were nicely raging in the comments and blowing up his twitter. he sighed, situating his earphones, trying to in a way that wouldn't make his headache worse. he realllly shouldn't have drank all that wine. 

15 minutes had passed, and he finally removed the intermission screen and had his camera on. people were already sending donations. "yes yes," venti smiled happily, that seemingly making more people pay money to him. "please pay my rent during this stream." he said, situating his keyboard. 

"i drank too much with my friend the other day," venti laughed. "so i have a splitting headache." he concluded, looking at the comments. "yaksha says 'don't drink too much, it's unhealthy. be careful.'" he smiled at the nice comments coming in. "thank you all." 

he was sharing his screen on the stream, the main point of his streaming. he was sitting on google, having a rough plan. "i saw alatus posted a new video on his youtube, so obviously he's first priority." 

venti got famous mostly because he was the biggest alatus fanboy on the app. like, he was insane. that's how he got so famous, and now, people watch him watch alatus. 

he clicked onto youtube, the first thing coming up saying: 

ALATUS (阿拉图斯) 'Thursday's Child Has Far to Go' Recording Behind the Scene*

"oh," venti said, a little shocked. "his song is out?" he questioned, swearing he checked the other day. he looked up at the comments. 

LOOKYJM:
<IT'S OUT IN CHINA>
KODONN:
<JUST IN CHINA!!!!>
YWBBN:
<THEY POSTED BEHIND THE SCENES FIRST
BEFORE THEY RELEASED THE SONG IN JP.> 

"ah.." venti nodded, somewhat still confused. "ok." he said, clicking the video and full screening it. 

xiao sat on the couch, mumbling the words of his song to himself. he was told to act natural and do what he normally does while recording a new song, so he is. of course he'll have to talk, but not as much. which is always a bonus. 

he had his recording sheet of the lyrics he wrote on them. he knew to revise them, or he'd totally forget and get tongue ties with the korean. he's supposed to tour korea next, hence the new album being in koean. he likes chinese or even japanese better, but what can he do? 

"we're recording thursday's child today,"  he started talking to the camera in front of him, after he was instructed to. he knew they cut the scenes to perfection anyways. "i haven't known korean for very long so i hope it goes well. i practiced hard." he nodded, talking in chinese to the cameras. "this song..." he started thinking. "sounds light-hearted, but it does have a deeper meaning which i think means a lot to me and can be relatable?" he questioned, not knowing if other people may agree. "but i'll be recording the song in the span of hopefully 2 days, if i go fast." he raised his hands in fists to cheer for himself.

he stepped into the small and crammed recording booth, closing the door behind him and setting his lyric sheets onto the music stand. he looked out the window seeing the producer and some other staff members, and that's when he noticed the small camera in the room. he stepped forward while holding his headphones. "it's awkward to find one of you in here," he said, referring to the camera. "let's do our best."  he said, stepping back and standing in front of  the mic. he lowered it a significant amount, knowing the person who went before him must have been a giant. 

"alatus, we're starting with the chorus since it's the easiest," the producer said, the voice coming to the headphones around his head. he nodded, continuing to listen. "so from 'born to be thursday's child' all the way to 'to tune in with your eyes, go'. got it?"  xiao agreed, looking around and then looking back to the lyrics sheet. 

"should i emphasise 'nareul giraril naldeulgwa'? " he asked, talking about a certain part in the lyrics. he doesn't know how korean works exactly, but he curious to learn. meaning he has to nail this song first. 

"do what you want."  the producer said, telling him to go. 

he sang to chorus a total of 9 times, messing up 8 times, and getting the final product on the last try. 

"thank you," he said bowing his head. it was about lunch time, so he walked out of the recording room in time to take one more interview thing, before heading for lunch, then recording again. what a pain. 

"i'm seriously tired after even one session." he laughed awkwardly. "i got two hours of sleep last night, which i guess is pretty good, but i still feel exhausted." he looked to the camera, showing off finger hearts. "it's all worth it, i like this song and i hope you will too." 

"the lyrics are hard since they're korean too," he continued trying to give them more content htan they needed. "i'm not strong in many languages but chinese and japanese.." he shrugged. "i think i need to work on it, i keep getting tongue tied." he sighed, but ending it with a smile. "it'll turn out well." he conluded, the camera man giving a thumbs up.

"lunch break!" a man yelled from in front of him, everyone starting to talk and mix together. 

"xiao! i heard to recording session, looked good so far." xiao looked over at the voice. 

"oh, good morning lumine." 

* I DO NOT KNOW HOW TWITCH WORKS AT ALL! DO NOT COME AT ME! 

* THURSDAY'S CHILD HAS FAR TO GO IS NOT MY SONG, TOMORROW X TOGETHER (BIGHIT) OWn THE SONG! THIS TITLE WAS TAKEN FROM TOMORROW X TOGETHER'S OFFICIAL YOUTUBE, AND ACTIONS OF XIAO ARE SIMILAR TO THEIRS. DO NOT COMMENT ANYTHING ABOUT COPYING </3