two;

MESOPOTAMIA5000 BC

MESOPOTAMIA
5000 BC

ALTHEA COULD REMEMBER HER FIRST MISSION. It was the first time she had faced a deviant. She remembered standing beside Ikaris, Makkari, Thena, Gilgamesh, and Kingo in Mesopotamia— the heat on her skin as her eyes watched the large deadly creatures rise from the ocean. Slowly creeping towards a young human boy.

Ikaris flew upwards, shooting lasers out of his eyes at the deviant closest to the boy, and Althea watched as the deviant was pushed back a couple of feet.

Her eyes glowed white as she held up a hand, gold patterns glowing around the pale skin of her hands, before she pushed it behind her, the small rocks shifted underneath the boy as they shuffled him further away from the deviant, leaving room for Ikaris to continue his fight.

The second deviant crawled over a large rock and Makkari used her super speed to rush over and pull the human boy to safety. "There's a third one near Makkari!" Kingo yelled and the others looked at each other as the second deviant crawled towards them.

"I've got this, you guys go. There's bound to be more." Althea waved the others off, but Thena hung back with a raised eyebrow and a small look of concern. "Are you certain you'll be okay?" The older woman questioned and the copper-haired girl smirked.

"I'll be fine. Go." She reassured before her eyes glowed white. Manipulating the air around her, she levitated before grey clouds rolled in, an unusual sight for the very sunny Mesopotamia.

The deviant growled at the copper-haired woman, causing her to chuckle darkly before throwing her arms downwards. A large strike of lightning flashed down from the sky, hitting the deviant directly. The creature let out a loud whine before letting out an angry screech.

She swiped her hands to the left, causing the ground to split beneath the deviant. Althea watched as the ground swallowed the dangerous creature whole before she flew down.

The deviant clawed at the dirt walls around it, attempting to pull itself up, causing the copper-haired woman to sigh, before pointing her hands toward the creature. A flood of fire flowed out of her hands, hitting the deviant as it whined and screeched in pain.

When the sounds stopped, the fire ceased from Althea's hands, leaving her to stare at the dead creature before flying towards the others as they waited for the four other Eternals to join them.

Althea leaned against Makkari as she waited for the others. Her powers took a lot out of her, leaving her with little to no energy. Her eyes looked up to where Ajak, Sersi, Druig, Sprite, and Phastos were, the five of them levitating down on Phastos's ring platforms.

Druig looked over to Althea immediately, worry washing over his face. Even with her reassuring smile, his stress over her didn't waver. As he and the other four reached the ground, the rings flew into Phastos's hands as he twisted them together, the rings disappearing into his palms.