four;

BACK AT SERSI AND SPRITE'S APARTMENT, Althea sat quietly in the kitchen, the news playing in the background as Sprite packed her bags, throwing an alarming amount of weapons into the bag

BACK AT SERSI AND SPRITE'S APARTMENT, Althea sat quietly in the kitchen, the news playing in the background as Sprite packed her bags, throwing an alarming amount of weapons into the bag. The copper-haired woman had stolen a green sweater from Sersi, curling up on the couch.

"This morning, an unprecedented global earthquake swept nation-states across the world, causing damage and panic. Many have speculated its connection with the Blip. The UN has called for an emergency meeting..."

"Sprite, please turn that off." Althea sighed as she played with the ruby necklace around her throat, sitting on the couch facing Ikaris who was standing in front of her, and Sersi, who was standing in the doorway.

"That Deviant healed itself." Sersi sighed as she leaned against the frame. "They could never do that before." The copper-haired woman pointed out, as she crossed a leg over the other.

"And it was coming after us instead of humans. What's going on?" Sersi questioned her ex-lover and Ikaris shook his head. "I came to check on you because of the earthquake. That Deviant is news to me." The flying man stated and Althea sighed.

"Something's happening to Earth. Can't be a coincidence." Sersi pointed out and Ikaris shook his head. "We need to find the others." He pointed out and the brunette woman sighed.

"I haven't seen some of them for centuries." Sersi explained and Althea rubbed her forehead. "I have. Most of them anyway." The copper-haired woman stated and the flying man chuckled darkly, sending a small shiver down Althea's spine.

"I doubt much has changed." Ikaris stated before Sersi noticed the copper-haired woman's distressed state.  "Althea, what's wrong?" Sersi questioned and Althea sighed.

"I have a bad feeling that something happened to Ajak. That deviant healing itself looked way too similar to Ajak's gift." The elemental stated with a distressed expression. "Well, then we'll stop there first." Sersi decided and Althea nodded before standing up with a groan.

"I'm going to make myself a coffee before we go. All my stuff is already packed." The copper-haired woman stated with a breath as she walked toward Sersi. "Already?" Ikaris questioned and Althea shrugged.

"I was going on break. Hitting Ajak first for a week, then Kingo for a week, then Thena and Gil for two, Phastos for another two, and then Makkari for three." The elemental stated as she rubbed her forehead.

"Sounds like a long trip." Ikaris commented and Althea rolled her eyes. "It was supposed to be my vacation. My powers were going haywire, I needed a break. I'll leave the two of you alone." The copper-haired woman stated as she slid past Sersi and walked into the kitchen.

Zoning out completely, Althea found herself stuck in her own mind. Careful Althea. Someone is not who you think they are. A whisper in her mind hissed.

"You hear that, Sprite? Thea? Family reunion." Ikaris's voice pulled her out of her thoughts as an unsettling feeling grew in the pit of her stomach.

"It's about time." Sprite huffed and Althea scoffed, taking a sip from the coffee she didn't even remember making. "Can't wait." She stated before a bag laying on the dining table caught her eye.