fourteen;

THE ROOM WAS ODDLY SILENT, or maybe not odd at all if you knew Thena, Druig, and Althea

THE ROOM WAS ODDLY SILENT, or maybe not odd at all if you knew Thena, Druig, and Althea. The three of them stared at the same painting, one that Gil had brought back in 758 BC.

"You always knew the end was coming. It must be a relief." Druig spoke first, breaking the silence as Althea's hand tightened around his own.

"That Deviant is still tracking us." Thena stated calmly, although both younger Eternals could feel her sorrow and pain. "Revenge won't bring peace for you, Thena." Druig pointed out.

"But killing it might." The blonde woman smiled before she went to walk away, pausing when a hand grabbed her wrist softly. "You'll be careful, though?" Althea questioned and Thena nodded.

"Always, Allie." She promised before Althea's hand dropped reluctantly, allowing Thena to walk away. "That didn't go according to plan." Druig sighed and Althea snorted.

"Everyone's on edge. I think it'll be hard finding someone besides Makkari who would be up for our antics." Althea pointed out as she led him back to Phastos's lab.

"How are we?" The copper-haired woman questioned as she walked into the room, pulling a reluctant mind-reader behind her. "Close." the inventor stated simply and she nodded.

"Good job, Phastos." Althea smiled as she and Druig walked over to Kingo. Ikaris then walked in, and a bad feeling grew in the pit of Althea's stomach when she saw his suit.

"I'm close to figuring it out." Phastos grinned, and the copper-haired woman's eyes widened at Ikaris's glowing eyes, throwing her hands up as the blast destroyed Phastos's invention.

Metal flew away from them, thanks to Althea, landing in pieces at Ikaris's feet, however, Phastos was too close to the exploding creation, causing him to fall back. "Ikaris, what the fuck?!" The copper-haired woman exclaimed as she put her hands down.

"Boss, what are you doing?" Kingo reiterated in confusion. "I've let this go on long enough." The flying man stated, looking at Phastos as his eyes glowed once again.

Althea threw herself in front of the inventor immediately, her eyes glowing white as Sersi ran into the room. "Don't hurt him!" She exclaimed towards Ikaris as she ran over to where Althea stood in front of Phastos- helping him up.

"He lied to us. He already knew about the emergence." Sersi breathed out shakily, causing the actor to shake his head. "No, he didn't." Kingo denied as Althea let out a breath.

"Of course, he did." She whispered in betrayal as she stared at the flying man. "Ajak told me everything when we left Babylon." Ikaris admitted to Kingo who's face dropped into an expression of clear betrayal.

"What?" The actor questioned, clearly hurt and confused. "You were never gonna let us stop the emergence." Phastos stated in realization.

"No. I only wanted to protect you from the Deviants." Ikaris explained as realisation washed over the copper-haired woman. Every feeling, every thought, every pit in her stomach...