seven;

TENOCHTITLAN1521 AD

TENOCHTITLAN
1521 AD

War surrounded them as human's fought for power, their greed getting the best of them while the Eternals fought for their lives on this planet in the first place. Althea tried her best to ignore them as she limped behind Thena— a deviant had gotten the best of her and bit her leg before she had managed to shove it off of her and kill it.

Makkari sped over to Althea, holding her up as she helped her get to Ajak. "Where are the others?" The healer questioned as the elemental stood on her own. "We had to split up." Makkari signed.

"Ikaris took Kingo and Gil and took on another group while we took on the first." Althea explained further as Druig rushed over to her as she stumbled forward with a hiss, her leg stinging at the pressure she had put on it.

"There were more Deviants than you said." Thena stated to Phastos who shrugged. "Well, I'm sure that was a lot of fun for you and Thea." The inventor mused and Thena smiled.

"It was." She nodded happily and Althea scoffed as she leaned on Druig. "Right up until a deviant got a chunk of my leg." The copper-haired elemental stated and the mind-reader glared. "Why didn't you say anything?" Druig huffed as he looked at Althea's leg in concern while Ajak sighed.

"Let me see that. You need to start telling me immediately when you're hurt." The healer scolded as she held a hand out, familiar gold patterns danced around her palms as she held it to the copper-haired woman's leg.

"She won't need to. Once the others kill these last Deviants, we will have eliminated them all from the planet." Phastos informed as he looked down to the device that allowed him to keep track of all deviants. Meanwhile, the War grew louder behind them.

It pulled at Druig's attention as he turned, walking closer
and Althea sighed as she followed after him, watching his eyes glowed their familiar gold. "Dru, don't." The elemental warned in a whisper, watching him frown before his eyes stopped glowing hesitantly as Ajak walked up behind them. "We don't interfere in their wars, Druig." The healer stated for what felt like the thousandth time.

"This isn't war. It's genocide. Their weapons have become too deadly, maybe it wasn't such a good idea helping them advance, Phastos." Druig spoke bitterly before turning to the inventor with a glare.

"Technology is a part of their evolutionary process, Druig. It's not exactly something that I can stop." Phastos stated defensively, earning a look from the copper-haired woman as she shook her head.

"No, you can't. But I can." Druig snapped and Althea sighed as she turned to him, touching his shoulder gently, causing him to sigh angrily.

"Dru. In order for them to do better, we have to let them make mistakes and learn from them. Look at me." She whispered, causing the frustrated man to sigh, looking at her. The softness in her ocean blue eyes made all his worries wash away even if it was for the briefest of seconds.