twelve;

EVERYONE WAS GRIEVING

EVERYONE WAS GRIEVING. Thena held on to Gil's ashes as she stood in the river, finding the will to let him go. Althea stayed back, Ikaris trying his best to keep her calm as they couldn't afford for her to lose it with so many humans around.

Sersi and Druig stood back, watching Thena silently. "When I left, I thought about taking over the minds of every human on this planet. Violence, fear, greed, all gone." Druig spoke finally, gaining the brunette woman's attention.

"Why didn't you?" Sersi questioned and Druig shrugged. "Because without their flaws, they wouldn't be human." The mind-reader pointed out.

"Please, Druig. You can't stay here anymore. These Deviants are trying to keep us from killing their own kind. They have a conscience now, that makes them more dangerous." The brunette woman stated but the mind-reader shook his head.

"No, Sersi. That makes them us. Eternals and Deviants. Arishem's children. But you are asking me to take control of a mind of a Celestial. I do not have that kind of power." Druig pointed out and Sersi sighed.

"We'll need Phastos." She stated and Druig rose an eyebrow. "That is, if I agree." He pointed out and the brunette woman furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"I thought you did." She stated and Druig shook his head. "No, not yet. I have one condition." He stated and Sersi rose an eyebrow. "What is it?"

-_-_-_-_-

"Fuck no, I'm not going to stand back and let you all do the work while I sit there. No way." Althea huffed as all the remaining Eternals gathered back in the hall.

"Then I don't go." Druig shrugged and Sprite scoffed. "Druig, we need Althea. She's one of the strongest here." The smaller girl pointed out and the mind-reader rolled his eyes.

"She's strong up until she's not." Druig stated and the copper-haired woman scoffed. "Okay, I know what you're thinking and I can handle it." Althea stated defensively.

"You almost lost it earlier!" The mind-reader argued and the elemental laughed bitterly. "I killed three deviants, I think I had the right to feel a little tired." She snapped and Karun nodded from beside Kingo.

"That is true." The human nodded and Druig turned to him, his eyes glowing gold. "I will sit here and stay quiet." Karun then stated in a monotone voice as his eyes also glowed gold.

"What did I say about possessing people's valets?!" Kingo hissed as Althea huffed. "Druig." She warned and he sighed, returning back to their previous conversation.

"Maybe, but not like that." He stated and Althea rolled her eyes. "I was a little tired!" She exclaimed and Druig scoffed. "That wasn't a little tired, you were pushing your limits and you promised me you wouldn't." He snapped and Althea laughed.

"So now you're the only one allowed to break promises?" She spat and Druig sighed, shaking his head. "That's not fair." He stated and the copper-haired woman shook her head.