fifteen;

IT WASN'T LONG BEFORE PHASTOS HAD MADE THE BRACELETS, and the closer he got to finishing them, the closer they had gotten to Tiamut

IT WASN'T LONG BEFORE PHASTOS HAD MADE THE BRACELETS, and the closer he got to finishing them, the closer they had gotten to Tiamut. The copper-haired woman wouldn't admit it, but she was nervous.

Admittedly, she didn't really want to go up against Ikaris and Sprite, but she wouldn't let the world she loved die. She couldn't do that to her class of students. She couldn't do that to her family, her friends.

Althea sighed with a small smile as Druig guided her to the room where they had first met. The copper-haired woman hadn't been in her suit for a very long time and honestly, she missed it.

Standing against the wall once again, the all too familiar gold lines embraced her, replacing her clothes with the green suit that was outlined with gold patterns on it. Lastly, a small, silver bracelet— the key to their entire plan— fastened around her wrist.

"Beautiful as always" Druig complimented, his arm wrapping around her waist as she smiled up at him, her eyes admiring the view of him in a suit. "Not too bad yourself." She shrugged, her eyes not wavering from his suit.

"See something you like?" He questioned cockily, his voice low and Althea smirked before looking over his shoulder to the speedster. "Mm, yes actually. Kari!" She called, moving to slide past Druig when he grabbed her wrist, pulling her back to him.

"I don't appreciate the heartache you are putting me through, love." He muttered jokingly and Althea smirked, leaning in closer so that her mouth was right next to his ear. "And I don't appreciate your cockiness... love." She whispered before laughing as she walked over to Makkari who was watching with a raised eyebrow.

"Everything okay?" She signed with a knowing look and Althea smirked as she shrugged. "Just giving the well-known flirt a taste of his own medicine." The copper-haired girl shrugged, her hands signing her words at the same time.

"Do you still love him?" Makkari questioned and Althea froze before sighing with a shrug, her eyes moving to where Druig stood with Phastos, the two talking about their plan. "I think I always will." Althea admitted and Makkari smiled widely. "Then go and be with him."

"How do I know he won't leave me again?" Althea questioned and Makkari shrugged. "You don't." The taller woman admitted and Althea gave her a look that said "exactly".

"But would you rather be miserable for the rest of time, or spend your time loving him when you know he will love you back with his everything?" Makkari then questioned and Althea sighed before shaking her head.

"Let's just get through the fight first." The copper-haired woman sighed and the speedster shrugged. "Okay, but we will be re-visiting this conversation."Makkari stated with a pointed look and Althea sighed. "Fine, fine." She waved off before they joined the others.

-_-_-_-_-

Time was running out. They had decided that Phastos and Thena would stay back on the Domo. Phastos wanted to make sure everything ran smoothly and Thena was the best option to defend him.