16. Jumpy horse

noah = vet

"Potter the hell are you doing here?" I got questioned. well so much for a calm holiday. luckily I was saved form answering from a shout from behind.

Harry! there you are exclaimed a very out of breath stable hand, Steve, "ah I see you have met" he said gesturing between Draco and me.

"You could say that I said dryly.

Anyways, Steve continued Noah apparently needs your help. I sighed already having figured this out. He is the only one brave enough to call me out like this.

For what I questioned already knowing it was a useless cause.

Im just a messenger, Harry. Steve commented rolling his eyes. I sighed. It just couldn't be that simple, could it! Merlin forbid Noah just told me! Allowing me to prepare at least a bit before I met people.

wait, wait, wait. rewind a sec! Malfoy butted in looking flustered, we both glanced at him questioningly. Are we just going to except that Potter is the vets assistant?

At your service I said, mock bowing to Malfoy.

and head trainer for the elites Steve added in.

though technically Im not officially the vets assistant he just likes giving me extra work I shrugged.

I acturally don't believe you Draco said shaking his head

Well, thats not my problem. I shrugged turning to head towards the offace where the head vet Noah was waiting.

The walk to the offace was silent as Draco began to process that the boy who he was told was the assistant to the vet and one of the main trainers in one of the best livery yards in Europe, was the same as the boy who he had squabbled with since 12yrs old. Who was also looking illegally good in those jodhpurs and that bloody vest accented those muscles way too much to be healthy for others. Stop it Draco! he scolded himself. What are these thoughts doing in his head! Luckily the door saved him from wondering further on this weird topic.

I chuckled inwardly at Dracos relieved face as the door opened. I knew he was checking me out. Honestly, he wasn't that subtle about it either. If it had been anyone else, they would have been smacked but Draco. No, he can check me out as much as he wants. Though why would I complain when my crush was checking out my ass!

The sight inside the offace was enough to snap me out of my inner monologue.

There they were, in all their pure blood glory: Lord and Lady Malfoy. They looked very uncomfortable standing in a muggle place in muggle clothes with muggles talking to them; they looked very out of their depth.

Hans, I said to the receptionist who was trying (and failing) to talk to them, where is Noah

ah he is round the back Ill go get him. He got up and left hurrying out the door, trying to get as fair away from the weird rich people.

It was only a few minutes, but they were the most awkward minuets of my life. The Malfoys stared at me with the infamous pureblood mask in play showing no outward reaction to my presence.

Please hurry back! I begged in my head as I was starting to get uncomfortable with their staring. Taking a deep breathe I faced them head on.

Greetings lord and lady Malfoy. I said with a slight bow. Recognising their status above me. Heir Malfoy told me that you wanted to keep a horse here.

yes, that is what we came here for came for today. came the smooth reply of lord Malfoy. We were so wondering whether he could get lessons as well? I nodded in answer, sliding into a chair opposite them.