17. paperwork

When we finally got there Noah and I tied his head collar on and secured him up with 2 lead ropes.

What are you doing you stupid humans?

Relax Balius we are just making sure you stand still. Now this is Noah the friend I told you about-

You said my master would be here Balius cut me off stomping his hood and pulling away.

Yes, if you had let me finish, I would have told you. Malfoy is over there behind the doors watching over us. I replied slightly annoyed. He huffed in understanding then went back to eyeing Noah. Merlin I am so done with this horse.

So, hes the one who is going to prod me. Oh for Merlins sake how do many times do we have to go over this!

Noah is going to feel your legs and neck making sure that there are no unusual bumps and will check your eyes ears and mouth for anything weird. The usual. I replied trying to make it sound not like I was talking to the horse. I dont need that rumour to go round.

Honestly Harry how do you make them calm down so easily. I swear I tried talking to him and he just wouldnt listen. Noah complained

Yes, that stupid human took my masters away from me and wouldnt say where they were. Of course, I wasnt going let you touch me. Balius snorted indignantly. I was trying so hard not to laugh and all I could say was What can I say Im just that good! I stated, needing a reason to cover up my laughing.

Mabey talk to him now. He might listen. I said glaring at the fussy horse opposite me.

Yeah, yeah whatever. Noah replied not really listening.

Sure Hun, imma go and talk to Malfoys so call me if you need anything. I replied recognising I had been dismissed. Getting a hum in response.

As Noah did the check-up, I went to find the Malfoys and give them that stupid talk about what is offered. Honestly there must be others free how could do it. Im meant to be helping my friends and acturally doing my job not doing others jobs.

I came to where the Malfoys where seated. They were in the watching lounge above the indoor arena that was part of the centre (it has the comfiest seats there). The centre is the main building in the yard and is where the indoor arena and some check-up stables are which are just bigger than normal stables. Normally they are used for horses who are waiting for their own stables or have bee pulled out from the arena for some reason. The centre right next to the vet stables allowing the vets easy emergency and quick access. The main reception is also here in the lobby at the front, we just came in the back way which leads straight to the stables as its easier to get a horse through there.

The elder Malfoys were sitting on the couch by the wall while Draco was sitting on the armchair beside it facing the glass window looking over the arena.

If its ok with you guys I will give u a talk about what we offer here and I have some forms you need to fill in, I said gesturing the papers I had picked up from reception when I had passed there. I handed a form to Draco whom I knew was riding and dragged a chair round so that I was facing them. One seated I asked lord and lady Malfoy whether they were going to ride here too which they replied with saying there were going to see what was offered. Which is fair enough to be honest.

Ok that form needs to be signed and handed in to reception before you start riding here Heir Malfoy and if its ok I will answer any questions you may have in a bit and then You will have to do a riding test so we can see your level and we will go from there. I started, getting nods of understanding from the Malfoys. So I just have a few questions for you to see what you want to get out of this. Firstly, just to confirm Heir Malfoy you wish to train here as well has keep your horse here? Of course, there are further options to these two if you want to hear them as well? Draco nodded looking slightly overwhelmed. Ok so there are three main options. 1. You can leave your horse here permanently or semi-permanently where he will get his own stable and a groom will feed him and if you want we can exercise him. Or you can come in and take him for hacks or pay extra and use some facilities we have available here. 2. Which is the most popular option: you can keep him here and attend the riding school which has a section for most horse related sports you can think off. I do a lot with the eventing side, but I know the hunting and polo teas are really good. And 3. This can be added onto two, You can help around the yard. At first it would be volunteering but if you start doing it regularly enough and ask, then you may get minimum wage. If you are trustworthy enough, you might take out some groups on hacks or exercise the horse in group 1 but that is normally if you have been here for a while or are getting paid. So yeah, that is a quick overview of the options. Obviously, you can change at any given time all we ask is that you tell us first. Any questions on that topic? I finished.

I know you mentioned it but for option 3 what are the main details on getting paid? Lord Malfoy asked.

It depends on what you do, what you are qualified to do and how long you are helping for. For example, if you are regularly helping out like over the summer and have for a few summers then you will probably get minimum wage, which is £4.81 for 16-17 year olds but normally rounded up to £5, but if you just work now and again them you will mostly be a volunteer. I explained briefly . Lord Malfoy nodded seemingly satisfied with my answer.

Oh, one more thing to add, the Malfoys raised their eyebrows expectantly you would be starting at the bottom if you chose option 3. I took great pleasure in the insulted looks I got from them.

The first to recover was lady Malfoy who asked another question, would say me and my husband be able to come and hack here with Draco even if our horses arent kept here?

Yes, Im sure that would be possible but you would have to let us know so we could arrange it as Im not sure you would be allowed out without a guide like a private hack. But I think that more depends on the option Draco chooses. Also, that would go for if Heir Malfoy wanted to bring friends for a lesson and a hack as we would have to assess them and again depending on what option he chooses might have to have someone to guide them. Oh, and you would have to pay extra but that would be sorted nearer the time.

What about if Draco went with a group of friends and we went with their parents?

Same answer. You could either do it as 2 groups and do 2 different hacks or one big group. However, if Draco been coming for a while, has the trust of the staff, has been on a few of the hacks has a helper guide and regularly volunteers or works here, then you might be able to go on a few of the rides by yourself though it would probably be with a smaller group. They nodded in understanding.

When you say the riding school has everything, what are some of the other options. Draco questioned

Well, I think it is all there in the leaflet Im about to give you went you leave but basically there are loads of sections to it. For example, polo or eventing that I have already mentioned but the hunt and horseback archery. Which you can do for lessons or trial to get into the squad. But each section runs it differently. I shrugged Im not gunna lie I dont know much about it, but eventing has different groups for beginners up to elites and it tends to be that you stay in that group and slowly move up the ranks but everything if flexible. However, I know people who only want to do dressage or show jumping so they are in a separate group as they only want to do that. So there is an option for everything and if not you can always get private one to one lessons. Furthermore, I know a lot of people who do more then one session so you dont have to choose one section to go in you can switch it up as much as you like. Were not the best riding school in the country for nothing. I thought. Damn I think I went into a bit too much detail there but its just so hard to explain until you witness it yourself.

Hunts? lord Malfoy asked.

Yeah, you can either do it as a class as there are hunting trials each year to get on to the team or you can do it as recreational for example most Sundays there is a hunt where people get together with hounds and follow a scent. I enjoy those as there is always a nice mix of people and is really social. I answered with a smile. Not that I go to them that often as I am literally busy every second of my life, but I think I will keep that too myself.

They looked like they could carry on going with these questions for a while so I decided to cut them off quickly, most of this info is on the leaflet and online if you have access to that. I aused hoping they would make my life easy and say yes. They shook their head no, well that was disappointing but what was I expecting. They are pureblood wizards! Ok so I will give you the leaflet now and you can read through that and then come back with more questions if you still have some. Also, can you think over Heir Malfoys options as we kinda need an answer soonish so that we know which stable to put Balius in.

I got up and handed them each a leaflet from the stands by the door for them to read through and left them to think over the options as I went and checked on Noah to see how he was coping.