Part Thirty-Three

FLASHBACK CONT…

“Ohhh this is comfy,” I giggled as I rolled around on Aston’s bed.

“You’ve slept in this bed loads of times!” he laughed, climbing on to the bed next to me.

“Yeah but it was always your bed. Now it’s ours!”

“Who said I was going to share?” Aston teased, lying on the pillow next to me.

I rolled my eyes at him, grabbing the pillow out from under me and swatting him in the face. “You better share!”

“Hmm…” he mumbled as he grabbed hold of me by the waist and laid me against him so I couldn’t hit him again with the pillow.

“We just spent all day moving my stuff in, are we really going to this thing tonight?” I asked as I cuddled into his grip. Even though I’d been with Aston a year now, I still struggled with the paparazzi. I tried to avoid going to events with him because I really hated all of the attention.

“I’m going, I have to,” Aston said, “Up to you if you wanna come.”

“Do you hate that I don’t like coming to these things?” I asked.

“I don’t hate it, but I’d love to have you there. I need someone to keep me company, especially during the boring speeches!”

I leant up and caught Aston’s gaze, “I’ll come.”

“You sure?”

“Well you did insist on buying me that pretty dress.”

“Yeah,” Aston grinned, “Because I wanted to see how hot it would look on you.”

“Cheeky!” I giggled, swatting his stomach and laying back on his chest.

“Now, how about you jump in the shower and I’ll go down to the kitchen and sort out some pre-going out drinks?” Aston asked, his fingers rubbing down my back slowly.

“Ok,” I replied, “Are you going to let me put my girlie stuff all over the counter in the en suite?”

“I don’t mind,” Aston said, “It’s a good thing there are two sinks in there.”

“I’ll say,” I replied, sitting up and climbing out of his grip.

I had a steamy hot shower and then wrapped my hair in a towel, pulling on my dressing gown. Aston had come back upstairs and was sorting through his wardrobe, two glasses of icy white wine sitting on the nightstand.

“Fancy,” I giggled as I picked up the glasses and passed Aston’s to him.

“Only for my girl,” he winked, clinking his against mine before taking a sip. I watched as he selected some clothing from the wardrobe and then he wandered into the en suite for his own shower.

I sat on the bed for a minute, my wine glass in my hand, and looked around. It was sort of like a Cinderella story… I’d gone from a not so great job selling pianos and living with an awful flatmate, to starting my own business with one of my closest friends and living in my boyfriend’s beautiful old home. My relationship with Aston was going so well and I couldn’t believe how easy it was. He was just as in love with me as I was with him. It was like a fairytale.

“Babe?” Aston asked as he appeared from the en suite, a towel around his waist.

“Yeah?”

“You ok?”

“Just thinking,” I smiled, standing up and giving him a quick kiss on the lips. I wandered into the en suite and dug out my hairbrush from the plastic box of things I’d left in there to move over to one of the drawers.