Nico's Birthday

(A/n) I wrote this whole thing with a torn tendon so sorry about grammer and spelling mistakes. IDK why I wrote this I didn't write anything for anyone elses birthday. I just felt inspired and now my hand hurts

~~~~

Nico didn't like his own birthday all that much. He liked celebrating his friends birthdays but never his own.

You, being the great partner you are, were well aware of this. Sure you do mini celebrations with him ever since you met him but nothing too huge. You also never really pushed on why he didn't like it, you respected the fact he didn't like it.

It was about a week before Nico's birthday and you planned on what you normally do. Possibly get some food from town, have a movie marathon in the Hades cabin, and maybe go on a walk. Nico liked stability so having the same plan was good. Plus it could be a normal date! So it was all good.

You continued to read, back against a tree while you picked at the grass below you, when you heard someone rather loudly calling for you.

Looking up you see Percy Jackson waving as he ran towards you. "HEY! (Y/n)! Hey!" He continued to yell at you as you placed your book next to you and smiled at the older boy. "Hey there Perce. What's up?"

Percy sat himself down in front of you, breathing heavily, you weren't sure if it was from Percy training just a few minutes ago or running up a hill without "I just-" Percy sucked in another breath, smiling at you "found out Nico's birthday is in like a week! Why haven't you told me before?" He asked, tilting his head slightly.

"Um I don't know? He doesn't like his birthday all that much. We normally just watch movies, get take out, go on a walk, kinda just hang out I guess."

"You never get him a cake?"

"One time we split a cupcake."

"...candle?"

"Um...no."

"GODS!" Percy threw his hands up and looked at you like you were crazy "so he hasn't had a proper birthday in years! We should throw him a party!"

You sucked in a breath quickly, eyebrows scrunching as you gave Percy an unsure look "Percy I'm sure he'll appreciate it but-"

"Perfect! We'll throw a party. Don't worry you won't have to do anything. I'll handle it!" Percy stood up, dusting his pants off, as you tried talking "Percy wait-"

"We'll probably use my cabin...maybe Jasons. Oh I should go invite Hazle, Frank and Reyna. Maybe some more of his friends from Camp Jupitor...I'll get mom to make a cake. Hey what's Nico's favorite color?" Percy turned to face you, noticing the concerned look on your face "what's wrong?"

"Percy I'm not sure that a party is a great idea." You said, fidgeting with your hands awkwardly.

"What do you mean? You just said he'd appreciate it!"

Sighing you looked to the side trying to phrase it correctly "He'd appreciate that you care. He just doesn't really like celebrating his birthday." You looked up at Percy who looked slightly confused about this.

"Why?"

"I'm not sure. Never asked."

"Well he deserves an actual celebration! I promise it'll be lowkey!"

Taking a deep breath, shifting from foot to foot then finally agreeing.

~~~~~~Timeskip~~~~~

Nico was sat in a tree waiting for you as he looked over the camo below him. It was honestly incredibly beautiful. You hadn't meant to but you planned to meet up at golden hour. Golden sunlight made the camp almost ethereal. The sounds of happy campers filled his ears as you looked to the ground for you.