Happy Birthday Will Solace

Warnings: Non really, Will calls reader 'pretty' but I kinda think of pretty as gender neutral, Reader calls Will pretty boy, they kiss oh no

NOT PROOF READ

The ending is very bad cause I wasn't sure how to end it (plus it was like midnight when I ended it cause I tried hard to get it out on his birthday. Oh well)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Will Solace is one of the most selfless people you'd ever met. There have been many times when you had walked into the infirmary to pay him a visit only for him to stumble into your arms, his exhaustion from overworking himself written all over his face. Even while you dragged him back to his cabin for some much needed cuddles he insisted that he was fine. Will Solace was also a simple man who took great pleasure in being in presence, he found himself being at his most calm when he was with you, he allowed himself to breathe when your hand found his.

Which is why he was extremely irritable today. For the last week it seemed you did everything you could to avoid him.

~

Earlier this week he wanted to take a walk with you and maybe cuddle after. "Hey there, sweet one" you heard Will say as he walked into your cabin. Quickly you stashed away your papers under you bed and stood.

"Will! Hey!" You replied quickly, perhaps too quickly as Will made a questioning face before leaning in to kiss your forehead. "I was hoping we could go hang out? Take a walk around the strawberry fields? Pick some and bring a blanket?" He asked hopefully. Gods, why did you boyfriend have to be so adorable? You wanted too, so bad, Will never had freetime and now that he does you can't spend it with him? Gods that's unfair.

"Oh Will that sounds amazing but..." you casted your eyes away, unable to see his disappointed expression "I'm really busy right now. I'm sorry." You heard him let out an understanding hum then felt as he placed a loving kiss on your cheek. "It's okay, love, I understand. Next time we'll plan out beforehand, yeah?"

You nodded while looking down and bid farewell to your boyfriend, wanting nothing more than to pull him into your bed and cuddle for the rest of the day.

~

That's more or less how the rest of the week went. Will would come up to you and ask you to hang out or go on a mini date and you would have to decline. It felt like knives going into your heart seeing him so sad.

You just had to remind yourself it was all for a good reason. You decided last month you wanted to throw Will a surprise party. Out of everyone you knew you felt as though he deserved it the most so for the last month you had been making plans and coordinating with friends to make it happen.

The week before the party was the most hectic, you had finally gotten permission from Mr D to throw a party on the lakefront and you needed to find somewhere to store away presents and decorations. This place just so happened to be Percy Jackson's cabin, he had the most space to spare and was closest to the water front, it worked out perfectly.

Other than the fact you had to ignore your boyfriend for the last week.

~

As you were stressing yourself out about planning Will's party, Will was in his cabin, groaning to Kayla about his dilemma with you.

"They've just been so distant...and I don't know why! We haven't spent anytime together in like two weeks!" He whined to his sister as he was faced up on his bed. His hands covered his freckled face and Kalya was glad he couldn't see. If Will saw her face he'd see her roll her eyes at the boy. She obviously knew about the surprise party and it was hard to hear her brother moan about this problem.