XIII

• • •

• • •

C H A P T E R  T H I R T E E N _______________________

C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N
_______________________

"What is taking her so long!" Hades shouted as he paced back and forth in front of Cerberus. He just stood there as if the dog were supposed to speak back. "Why are you looking at me like that." Hades scoffed.

"Maybe because he misses his best friend." A voice interrupted his train of thought. Hades was thrilled but also confused as to why his brother Poseidon had decided to visit him. "Hades, brother." He laid his hand on his shoulder. "It's time that you being your son home. Where he belongs."

"You think I haven't tried!" He looked at his brother and then into the fire that was in flames from a far distance. "He's the most stubborn person I've ever met. Even more stubborn than—" Hades sighed as he shook his head.

"His mother?" Poseidon finished his sentence for him and raised his brow. Hades eyes became grey, cloudy with memories of that night. The night he found out that his son was born. "I can't have him know, brother. It will destroy him. He will never trust me again." Hades pleaded.

"He will find out eventually." Poseidon explained to his older brother. "You taught him your evil ways, and expect him not to follow? He will go searching for his mother for answers and when he doesn't find the answer that pleases him, he will go after you."

"H-He wouldn't do that." Hades denied his brothers claims. "Jimin would never turn on me, his father. I made him into who he is. He's nothing without me."

"Who said he likes what he is?" Poseidon asked as his brows furrowed. "Did he tell you that or did is that just what you want to believe?"

"What would he want more than to be a powerful deity!?" Hades threw his hands around while he argued. "He has everything! The world is in fear of the mere fact that he might even exist! What more power could one have?"