•     •     •

• • •

C H A P T E R  T W O ________________

________________

FOR SHITS SAKE WATTPAD. STOP DELETING THE COMMENTS.

Jimin was awakened early in the morning, ordered by his father to take the life of a man by the name of Ambrus. This was unusual to him, since it was usually the job of his half sister, Macaria. She was known to be the goddess of the "blessed death" meaning she would escort the soul peacefully, and not violently. Jimin was never given permission by Hades to take the life of a mortal. His father feared that he would use his violent and evil ways to cause pain on innocent Greeks.

           As Zeus described it to his people; Jimin, the son of Hades, wasn't someone whose attention you would want to draw. The demigod brings terror at night, to mortals, taking strange forms and voices, letting the city cower in fear. Hades didn't listen to his brothers complaints, only sensing his jealousy.

         "I will send Cerberus to awaken you, don't you dare test me!" Hades voice echoed throughout the underground. "Macaria, go up there."

"What happened to getting Cerberus?" His daughter scoffed as she raised a brow.

  "I almost forgot." Hades slowly stood from his throne. "He's on a demigod diet." He glanced over at the viscous dog.

"And I thought I wasn't permitted to speak to your precious son?" Macaria crossed her arms as she waited for her father's explanation.

"He's too dangerous." Hades gave her a stern response but she still didn't understand what made him that bad of a person. "I don't want you or your sister getting hurt."

"You do realize that he's more mortal than he is God, right? He shouldn't even be living with us in the underworld. He should've stayed with his bitch of a mother—"

"Silence!" Hades shouted, making her eyes slightly widen. "Never mention her again! Or so be it, I'll throw you with them!" He pointed towards a pit of scorching lava. Macaria looked at her father with tears in her eyes, and quickly turned away.

"I didn't mean that." Hades voice held little emotion, but he truly didn't mean any of the words he said to her. The problem was, Macaria wouldn't ever see beyond his cold eyes. No one could.

           "You really want me to do this father?"

           Hades looked over his shoulder once he heard his son's hoarse voice. He sighed and turned to fully face him. "The man is already here. He waits for his death in the underworld."

              "The underworld?" Jimin questioned with slight anger. "Why wouldn't he be down on Earth?"

              "There has to be an orderly peace of taking lives, and I know that you know nothing but chaos, and mischief." Hades tried to explain to his son. "I wanted to bring you a mortal here, so you could try for yourself. Maybe if you're not so cruel I'll let you do it for real."

              "Is that a challenge?" Jimin's lip curved into a subtle grin. "Because you know just how hard that would be, don't you?"

                "The underworld is my house." Hades said as he crossed his arms over one another. "You don't think it amuses me to see the followers of Zeus torn apart piece by piece; Slits across their eyes, so that the only thing they see is their own blood."

                 Jimin brutally sunk his teeth down on his bottom lip, unable to control his vulgar thoughts of death and only death. "So what's stopping you." He asked, breathing heavily.

           "Zeus and all of the other Gods think you're getting out of hand. I wanted to prove them wrong and show them that you're not some mistake. You can control yourself, just like any—"

          "Y-You want me to change for him?" Jimin's blood began to boil and his breathing became even heavier than before. "I'm your only son, yet you've decided to impress Zeus, your brother who wants nothing to do with you! That's how you see me!?"

              There were many risks for someone who's lived their whole life underground, surrounded by flames and screaming bodies, to suddenly act as if they were a mortal on Earth. Hades had to lie, and tell his son that the reason he couldn't go to Earth was because Zeus didn't want him to. While that's partially true, it wasn't Hades reason. He wanted Jimin to be hidden with him, so his mother would never find him. He couldn't tell Jimin the truth. It would only ruin the way the boy thinks about his father.

               "Listen to me!" Hades shouted, fearful that Jimin's temper might cause the boy harm. "Control that fucking temper of yours. I'm not doing this for Zeus, I'm doing this for you, look at you!"

              "I'm only doing what you wish you could've done." He scoffed and walked towards the guarded gates. Hades angrily furrowed his brows as he took two steps forward. "I demand you to stop!"

                To his surprise, the boy continued to head towards the gate. Hades used his invisibility power to advantage,  and appeared in front of his son just in time. "You're not going anywhere."

                 "I have people to kill, now move." Jimin pushed past his father, when a strong arm pulled him back. "You don't give me orders. Don't forget who made you like this." Hades warned him, fire showing through his dark eyes.

          Jimin didn't say anything in return, making Hades remove his harsh grip on the boy's arm. "I trust you. Don't ruin that for yourself. This will all end the day you lose that trust. Do you hear me?"

         "I hear you." Jimin sharply responded.

          "Good." Hades looked into his sons focused eyes, before speaking. "Now do what I ask of you."

              Jimin gave him a reassuring nod, and went to where the human lied, chained up. "So I cant rip you to pieces, but he can chain you up so your wrist bleeds. How nice."

      The man's eyes slowly opened when he heard a  male voice. His eyes were swollen, his naked body covered with welts and scars. "Please." He begged, gaining the demigods attention. "I don't want to die."

        "We all want things." Jimin whispered as he knelt down beside him. "But life doesn't seem to work that way, does it?

            The man's lips trembled as he stared into Jimin's dark eyes. "W-Who are you?"

        "The God of the Underworld." Jimin whispered into his ear before plunging a scythe into the back of his head.