•      •     •

•      •     •

C H A P T E R  O N E_______________

_______________

                   Long ago, in the city of Athens, lived a princess by the name of Calista. She prayed to the Greek Gods once every morning, and again every night. Calista vowed that one day she'd marry and become queen of Athens. She'd raise beautiful but strong children to take over her throne after she'd pass. Calista's wisdom was strong, but her actions were even stronger. She would voice her thoughts, just like a man would.

                    There was also Hades, the God of the underworld, also known as the home of the dead. Hades,  the eldest brother of Zeus and Poseidon, married Persephone, daughter of Demeter. He'd force her to stay with him in the underworld for exactly one third of each year. When she'd leave, he'd find himself becoming lonely. One night, he gives into his lust by having a secret affair with a mortal; the princess herself. With a relationship meant for pleasure and nothing more, the couple began to fall in love. The spark of romance they shared, led to the birth of their son, Jimin.

Calista was more than thrilled to find love, just as she wanted. She had a son, half God, half human, who stayed with her on Earth. Their affair was to be kept a secret from everyone, only meaning he couldn't see his father. One day, she asked Hades if he would help her become queen. Regardless to what she pleased to hear, her lover dismissed her request, telling her that a woman wasn't fit to rule Athens. Calista, angry from his degrading words, told Poseidon and Zeus of the secretive news. After hearing of this, Hades was furious. How could a mortal go behind my back, Hades thought as he angrily paced.

Hades became desperate to punish his old lover as cruelly and demeaning as possible. He thought of the one thing that was giving her some power. Their son, the young child that would grow strong and powerful. Hades wouldn't let her have that glory and strength, after what she did to him. He sends his best companions over to Athens one night, where they capture Hades son while Calista was sound asleep. When she rose by the sun, she realized her dearest son was missing.