•    •    •

• • •

C H A P T E R  S I X______________

______________

"Amara?" Her sister grew concerned as she saw her sister rush into their home, panting. "Is everything alright? What happened?"

"An insane killer is roaming the town, he could be anywhere! I-I don't know how to explain it to you."

"It could be a Spartan." Her sister bit her lower lip, and glanced out the mud window. "Those bastards never give up do they? Someone could get hurt."

  "I'm afraid that already happened." Amara looked down at her lap. "I saw a d-dead man." She tried to speak, but struggled with her words.

"Do you think the killer saw you?"

Amara slowly shook her head. "I don't think I was seen. I ran home fast enough, before any thought could ever cross my mind." She explained. "B-But what if he followed me home? What if he'll come after you guys?!"

"Calm down Amara." Cassia held her younger sisters shoulders, and pulled her into a comforting hug. "Just think about the good things in life. Like how your birthday is in a week." She smiled at her sister. "I made you something you know."

"You really didn't have to." Amara squeezed her sisters hand, giving her a soft smile. Cassia crossed her legs as she sat more comfortably. "Of course I had to! You're turning eighteen. That's the special number!" She winked.

"It's nothing special to me." Amara shrugged her shoulders. "I guess I'm too young to appreciate it now. Maybe when I'm an old lady like you—"

"Oh shut up!" Cassia playfully shoved her sister to the side. "Just because I'm wise , doesn't make me old." She pointed out.

"Whatever you say old lady." Amara giggled, before getting a warning look from Cassia. Her eyes grew wide as she quickly jolted out the back side of the house.