•     •     •

•     •     •

C H A P T E R   E L E V E N ___________________

C H A P T E R E L E V E N
___________________

"Finally, you're awake." Jimin said, ready to get as far away from the beach as possible. Amara lifted her back off the sand and brushed the grainy sand off her arms. She then walked over to the man. "I just had the craziest dream." She started to say. "You wanna hear about it?"

"Not really." Jimin muttered, but she continued to tell him anyways. "I had a dream about this boy I met in my backyard. He had his pet snake smushed onto his face and loved to throw me against trees."

Jimin rolled his eyes, and drank out of the flask in his hand. Amara crossed her arms. "Guess what happened next?" She asked, waiting for him to answer. "What." He blandly participated.

"HE KIDNAPPED ME." Amara suddenly shouted, making him choke on the water. Jimin wiped his mouth and stared at her with widened eyes. "Why are you yelling?"

"Why'd you kidnap me?" Amara batted her lashes at him, before returning to a straight face. Jimin stood up and stared into her eyes. "I already told you, so ask me one more time and I'll actually feed you to my dog."

Amara raised her brow. "Dogs don't scare me. And what's with you threatening me with violence? It's not like I said I was going to stab you if you didn't let me go."

"That's because you know you can't." Jimin started to walk, but realized he was forgetting something important. He grabbed Amara by her wrist, pulling her along as she groaned.

They walked in silence for a couple minutes, which was way too long to go without talking for Amara. She glanced over at Jimin who finally let go of her wrist, trusting she'd walk with him. "So are you a Spartan spy? Because if so, is it true that women there actually have freedom?"

"What?" Jimin narrowed his eyes as he turned to face her. "Why would you think I'm a Spartan, out of all things?" He asked, clearly offended.

"Well.. because." Amara began to say. "I heard they throw babies off a cliff if they're not fit enough to be warriors." She explained when Jimin looked at her with raised brows. "How the fuck is that me?"

"How is it not you..." Amara mumbled under her breath. "Is that why you hate your mom?" She asked. "Did she maybe—"

"She didn't throw me off a fucking cliff." Jimin stressed as he debunked her theories. "And if she did, HOW the fuck would I be here."

Amara pursed her lips together. "You've got a good point. But. You're still not telling me where you're from. I don't get it. You said your mom left you to rule a kingdom, but what kingdom? And where?"

"Athens." He spoke up.

Amara furrowed her brows as she slowly turned to look at him. "Your Athenian?" She asked, and he bit the inside of his cheek. "Was, Athenian. I'm not one anymore."

"Wait." Amara faintly whispered. "Y-You said your mother ruled a kingdom when she left you behind." She started to tie his story together. "And the only woman to rule Athens was Queen Calista."

"Yeah. I already said that." Jimin scoffed, looking back at the ground as they walked. "No, you don't understand." Amara grabbed Jimin's arm to stop him from walking. "Queen Calista's son was stolen from her in her sleep."

Jimin's eyes slowly met Amara's as soon as she said those words.

The underworld

"Three days. It's been three days since that boy's been on Earth and she still hasn't brought him home!" Hades yelled to the guard who was forced to listen. "I don't get it. What does this kid possibly want up there. He has everything down here." He sighed.

"Maybe that's the problem." Another manly voice spoke, making Hades quickly spin around. There stood his brother, Poseidon, with a bright smile.

"Brother." Hades only stared at him in shock as he stepped closer. "What news do you bring of my lost son." He stood tall and asked. Poseidon shook his head, giving his brother the answer. "I had him in the right spot. I could've brought him back home, but there was just one problem." He explained.

"What?" Hades narrowed his eyes. "What is it?!"

"He's holding someone prisoner."  Poseidon then continued to say. "Someone who means a lot to my dear nephew Hercules. Zeus warned me not to kill her or harm her in any way." He explained, but his brother stared at him with disbelief.

"You wasted the only opportunity you had to bring that boy back, f-for some girl?" Hades took a step forward as his brother stepped back. "Do you really believe that Zeus told you that to protect her!" He screamed, letting his voice echo. "He doesn't want Jimin to come back! He doesn't want him to get stronger! Zeus wants to keep him on Earth so that he could have all the power!" Hades continued to raise his voice.

"Brother. He wouldn't do that to you." Poseidon said calmly. "Zeus sent his son, Hercules to Earth as well to keep him safe from this monstrosity. He wanted him to live a normal life, as a boy. Not a Deity." He explained to Hades. "Maybe that would be best for your son as well. He needs to find out who he is on his own."

"He will be strongest, most powerful Deity who ever lived in Greece!" Hades shouted. "That's what he was made to be and that's all he will ever be! I won't have my son taken from me!"

"Brother." Poseidon rested his hand on Hades shoulder. "What is it that's really scaring you?"

There was a brief moment of silence before Hades looked up with regret in his eyes. "I can't have him find out the truth."