•    •    •

•    •    •

C H A P T E R  S E V E N _________________

C H A P T E R S E V E N
_________________

Amara forced her tears to stop, and listened to the tattooed man. She knew that her life would be in danger if she didn't obey his words. Her mind began to wander, thinking about how frightened her sister would be when she found her missing. "Exactly how long will I be gone?" She suddenly broke the silence.

"Depends on how quick my father wants to cooperate." Jimin mumbled as he glanced over at Amara. "You're young. Seems like you've got some time to waste." He kicked a stick out of their path.

"Uh, no." Amara gave him an amused, yet concerned laugh. "You never mentioned that. I've got family, okay? This will have them worried sick!"

"Are those the same parents who never taught you to stay away from strangers?" Jimin raised his brow as Amara struggled to find the right words to say. She crossed her arms and frowned. "Yeah, but they also taught me to take care of those who have been harmed. That's exactly what I was intending to do, but snake face had a different plan in mind."

Jimin's lips curved into a suppressed grin. "So we're name calling now.." He briefly lifted his brow.

"I mean you pretty much set the standard low with the whole kidnapping thing, so... I don't think any name calling can top that." Amara said as she gave him a sarcastic smile. The corners of her lips sunk back into a straight line, as her angriness was just settling in. There was yet another still moment of silence, and then—

"Why do you have a snake on your face?" Amara blurted out, making the older male slowly turn to her. He licked his lips, and sighed. "I don't know, I've always had it. Since I was little."

"You got a tattoo when you were little?" She tilted her head. "What kind of parent would do that to their child?" Her eyes were slightly softer as she glanced at his inked face. Jimin grasped the edge of his shirt tightly, trying his best to suppress his frustration. He never liked to bring up his past, especially ever since Hades told him about his mother abandoning him.