"was she hot or something"

'Did you follow me here?' 'Well, I didn't follow you, I wanted to go for a run after spending so many hours driving here, and you seemed to know where you were going' she looks at him with suspicion, 'so... you followed me here because I seemed to know where I was going?' He shakes his head, 'I didn't know you would sit here for such a long time, but I just went over the bridge and took the path that had fresh footprints.' Kumagai's eyes widen a bit, 'so you're just a good stalker' 'I wasn't stalking you, but I could... if that would get me the cute neighbours' attention.' She starts giggeling, 'well, my mom is single, but maybe a bit too old for you.' Amaya stands up and starts to walk away with a grin on his face. Kumagai stands up confused, putting away her book, and running after him, 'what? Uhmm... where are you going?' He chuckles, 'dunno, home I guess' 'but... why exactly?' He raises his shoulders, 'I mean, since you try to get rid of me by making fun of me, leaving seems like the best option.' She crosses her arms and stops walking, 'okay, fine, I'll just resume my run then' she runs a bit ahead of her new neighbour, not knowing he is secretely running just a little bit slower a few feet behind her. She runs past a couple of guys who whistle and yell at her, 'looking good!' 'Why not take some clothes off!' They laugh really loud at their own jokes.

Kumagai sighs, and continues on her way, but Amaya gets furious at the guys. He basically sprints to them and starts punching the shit out of one, the other tries to attack him from behind, but the boy already sees it coming and dodges the guy's fist, hitting him back in the stumach. Both of the guys lay on the ground, grunting in pain, with Kumagai watching in shock. After a few minutes, she walks up to him, and kisses Amaya on the cheek. She jogs away giggeling, he runs after her as they finish the run together. The two arrive at their houses, and Kumagai waves at Amaya when she runs into her house to take a shower.

Meanwhile, Amaya is moving some boxes when his brother notices his knuckles are bleeding a little, 'C'mon, we move to another city and the first thing you do is beat up some poor basterd? Do you want to get arrested again?' 'I- I couldn't help it, okay! Those guys were harassing a girl.' 'A girl? How can you be sure they didn't know eachother?' 'Because she was just running, and they started yelling at her. Those guys were assholes, she told me after.' His brother nods, 'fair enough, but who was the girl? You don't just help other people, was she hot or something?' 'Kind of, but that's not why I did it, she just seemed... different.' 'Ugh, just try not to mess with the wrong people, if her father is with the police, you have to stay away from her.' 'She doesn't have a father.' 'What?' 'There is only one car in the driveway, and there is no room for another. Around this time, he'd be at work, and he should earn enough money to buy such a big house, but the city is unreachable without a car unless you have a couple of hours to take the bus to the train and they seem to be able to buy a second car. And she seems too familiar with this town to live in two different houses. So she either doesn't have a father, or he is just not in the picture anymore.' 'You're so smart, yet you act so stupid sometimes.' 'Oh, and she told me her mom is single.'

'Welcome back Reika, how was your run?' 'Hi mother, it was relaxing... I guess.' She sits across the table from her mother, 'so how much weight did you lose?' 'Ugh, why do you always ask me these things? I only go to clear my head, besides, just running doesn't neccesarily make you lose weight.' 'What did you read today "how to talk back to your mother"?' Kumagai sighs, 'It was so naïve of me to think that we could have a normal conversation for once' she stands up, walking to the stairs, 'don't you walk away young lady!' She walks faster, nearly running up the stairs, 'sorry, gotta take a shower, can't hear you anymore!' She sets her music louder than her mother can yell at her.

Amaya and his brother can hear the yelling and the music from inside their house, 'I really hope that is not about you, dude' his brother is looking at him with raised eyebrows, 'you only defended her, right?' 'C'mon, I only beat up those fuckers and ran beside her, she kissed me on the cheek, I didn't ask her to do it.' 'Wait, she kissed you?' 'On the cheek, yeah' 'how is it that my little brother is so populair with every girl and I can't get myself a girlfriend?' 'She doesn't like me like that' 'you'd be surprised, try flirting a bit next time you see her, and report back to me.' He nods to his brother, and they continue putting boxes in the house. 

The music has stopped after ten minutes, Kumagai is putting in earphones, when she notices that the curtain from the window across hers is being opened, and she is sitting in a towel on her bed. She jumps up and quickly closes het curtains, but Amaya had already seen her jumping up en running to the window, it made him chuckle a bit. She grabs a bra, a tanktop and shorts from her closet and puts it on, whereafter she opens the curtains again. The window is open, and Amaya is putting down bags in the room, so Kumagai opens hers, 'hey!' He looks up and sees her talking to him, 'If that isn't the girl next door, how was your shower? Maybe close your curtains faster next time,' he winks at her. Amaya's brother walks into the room he is standing in, 'hey, the truck with all of our stuff won't be here until tomorrow,' he now notices their neighbour hanging out her window 'oh, hello, I'm Amaya Ryota,' he turns back to his little brother, 'guess we're gonna be sleeping on the ground tonight.' He sighs, not knowing Kumagai can still hear him, 'You know, we probably have one or two matrasses to spare' 'that'd be amazing-' 'before I can give them to you though, you'd have to ask my mother', she says pointing to the door beneath the window. 'Thanks in advance, miss....' 'Kumagai' Amaya finishes his brother's sentence with a wink to the girl.