"If you say so"

The next day, Amaya wakes up early, at 6 am to be exact, hoping to see the girl before she leaves. The lights in her bedroom are already on, shining through the small gap created by the two curtains in front of the window. A shadow passes, and the light switches off.
Half an hour later, the two women step into the small car and drive away. Reika doesn't look in his direction for even a second, if he didn't know better, he'd think she wasn't trying to get back in contact with him. He lays back onto his bed, and falls asleep almost immediately.

'Mother?' 'Yes, darling.' 'What about my phone?' 'Right, I almost forgot. Look in my purse, your phone is in there.' She searches through the bag with little success. 'Huh, there's only yours and this old one.' 'Exactly, that'll be yours for now, it has a new card in it and my number is already in your contacts. This way I won't have to spend time finding that boy's number in your phone to delete it.' Ofcourse she would do something like that, anything to avoid having to do too much for her only daughter. The annoying thing is that she can only use the device to call or text, it's too old to download any apps on it. 'I'm glad I can still call atleast, but how will Yoshikawa and Natsumi contact me now?' Her mother really wants Reika to have friends, no matter how she gets them, so she has to think about thisone. 'Oh, that will be no problem. Just ask for their numbers. They'll probably be happy to give it to you, if I remember correctly how happy they always are to see you.' 'Yeah, right. If you say so.' They arrive at the school, one of the first people there. But what sane sole would be here at 7 am, for that matter. She doesn't want to be there, that's for certain, she wants to run with Amaya through the forest, and kiss behind a tree while taking cover for the rain. But she broke up with him, it was only logical, they never would've become happy, right? 'Tell me, what are you doing here so early?' The small girl has her hair in a messy bun and there are wrinkles in the white shirt of her uniform. 'Guess I could ask you the same thing, my reason is my mother forcing me to come here.' 'Interesting. Is there any reason or is your mother just very strict about school?' Her face gets close to Reika's, as if the answer could be read when she looked close enough. She is standing on her toes, since she's atleast a head shorter than the girl. 'Maybe, I don't see a reason to tell you though. How do I know Daichi didn't send you to keep an eye on me.' 'Who, the rich kid from...' She looks up, trying to think of what she was going to say next, with little success. 'Uhm, I don't remember what class he is in. Doesn't matter. He's class president right?' 'Yeah, money can get you pretty far in life, believe it or not.' She offers her hand to Reika. 'I believe you. Suzuki Ann, I think we can make these early mornings a bit more fun together.' They shake hands. 'Kumagai Reika. I better hope so.'

The sounds of Ryota pounding on the door wakes him up. 'It's seven-thirty. Why aren't you up yet?' Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, he rolls on the ground. 'Ugh, give me a minute. I'll be down in fifteen.' 'You better be, I don't care if you're taking a shower or whatever, but I'll barge in and drag you on your ears to the kitchen. Your academic potential can't die with your relationship, she wouldn't want you to throw it away either.' He stands up, walking past his brother to the bar attached to the wall, and starts doing pull-ups. 'Below the belt, dude. I already said I'd be there in time, bye now.' Ryota walks away, preparing breakfast.

'C'mon, I know a good spot to wait until class starts. She takes Reika's hand, dragging her through the school. Her mother has disappeared in her office a long time ago, so she can finally breath again. 'Where are we going?' 'You'll see.' They run into the gym, going into the supply closet. 'Huh, is this the good spot? Smells a bit like rubber and sweat, doesn't seem ideal to me.' The girl shakes her head, while getting a piece of paper from a closet and opening the emergency exit. She presses the paper into the wall so the door can't shut again. 'This is what I meant.' The door opens completely, revealing the forest behind the school. 'Wow, I forgot about this being behind the building.' They start talking, and it's time to go to class rather quickly. 'Same place and time tomorrow?' Ann looks hopeful in her direction. 'Well, I don't really have a choice, so see you tomorrow.'

'Bye, I need to go now. Being a good student takes a lot of work.' He grabs his backpack, and waves his brother goodbye. The day seems to take forever, but he gets through it. He looks up at the sky while walking home. 'God, why does everything have to be so boring?'