"Is everything okay?"

'Bullshit.' She pushes his arms away from her, but the minions rush in to grab ahold of her arms and legs. 'I've decided that, since we're going to marry anyway, we will stop going after you at school.' 'You're too generous, but we are never getting together.' She spits on his shoes. 'So since this is the last time, I might as well enjoy myself a little.'

Amaya is waiting at home, staring out of the window, but there is no sign of his girlfriend.

"Hey, why aren't you home yet?
Is everything okay?"

"Please respond, I can see you're receiving my texts."

"If you don't send anything back right now I'm coming to your school."

"On my way."

He hesitantly gets up, and walks slowly to the door with his eyes glued to his phone. He knows she doesn't want him at her school, what if her mother sees him, she'll be grounded for the rest of her life. But he won't be able to forgive himself if anything happened and he could've prevented it from happening.

.....

He arrives at the school, and apart from a few kids sitting outside on a bench, there is nobody around. Reika's classroom is on the second floor. Amaya runs upstairs as fast as he can, and almost trips on his way up, but manages to catch himself. Looking through the hallway, he sees a person laying on the ground, and sprints her way the second he realises it's his girlfriend. 'Reika! Hey, look at me. Who did this to you?' Almost seeming drunk she lifts her head up, 'I'm fine, just tripped. I went to the bathroom to get some paper towels to clean the blood off the floor, but while I was cleaning my vision got a little blurry and now we're here.' He takes her in his arms, and notices a twitch when he first touches her. 'You can lie to your mother, but please, don't lie to me. Who attacked you? The truth this time.' 'I'm not lying, why would I? If I had a problem with someone, you could just beat them up.' 'That doesn't explain the trail of blood in front of the bathroom.' 'I couldn't stop the bleeding in time, so had to run in there while bleeding all over the ground.' 'Fine, I believe you, but only because you have no reason to lie to me. Let me help you clean this up, then we can go home and patch you up before your mother gets home.' They walk outside, and the girl looks around if Daichi and his friends are still there. She is right, there they are, sitting on a bench like nothing's happened, like they didn't just beat her up and make her clean her own blood from the floor. The kids don't really make eye contact after seeing the boy walk next to her, and let them continue walking home.

.....

At his house, Amaya is taking care of Reika's wounds. Instinctively, she pulls away her head when the alcohol touches the open cut on her lip.'I'm still mad at you, you know?' 'What? I just saved you, what if your mother walked by?' 'Exactly, what if she did and saw you hugging me on the ground. Atleast the blood is explainable, you being in our school is not.' 'I'm sorry that I just want to be there for you, what's the point of being together if I can't help you every once in awhile?' 'Well, maybe we shouldn't be together...' He takes her head in his hands, forcing her to look at him, 'Reika, I know you didn't tell me the truth earlier, please tell me who attacked you, did they force themselves on you?' She takes his hands in hers, trying to smile a bit, 'Don't worry, I would fight back if that happened, I'm just really clumbsy sometimes, my mother says so too.' 'Look me straight in the eye and say it again.' Both her eyes point directly into his, 'Nothing happened. That's the truth.' She has had a lot of practice in lying because of her mother, just try to believe yourself while saying it, then your eyes won't turn away from the other person. 'I'm done interrogating, I really hope you're not a good liar. And we should be together, because I know you also want to, or you wouldn't go behind your mother's back like you are doing at the moment.' 'I just don't want you to get hurt, while you could have someone else who doesn't have a mother like mine.' He sighs, 'Come with me for a second.' He grabs her hand and takes her to his room, and makes her stand in front of the mirror. 'Tell me what you see' 'I see us, you probably want me to say something cheezy like my future, or me with the guy I love, but I don't know any of that now, or tomorrow. Love takes time to develop, we haven't had that yet.' 'You don't need to say any of that, I just want you to know what I see. And that is a girl who's even prettier on the inside than she is on the outside, that says a lot with the beauty staring in the mirror right now. She is smart, and funny, and caring. Even though you don't see your future yet, I do, because this is want to keep for as long as I can.'