"When are you going to tell me who the surprise guests are?"

'Oh, well, I couldn't sleep.' The woman squints her eyes, 'Why didn't you just drink a glass of warm soy milk? The cold air usually only wakes people up.' Think of something. She can't find out and tell mother. 'That doesn't really matter, if I'm awake, the only thing that works is tiring out my body to ease my mind.' She attempts to look confident, as if it's normal to get sleepy by exercising. The woman shakes her head in confusion, 'The youth nowadays, I suppose with new habits come more difficult ways to fall asleep.' Reika nods, already reaching for the door while saying good night to her grandmother. 'Before you go, aren't you forgetting to ask me something?' Her expression doesn't reveal whether she's mad or happy about anything, nor does her body language tell Reika if it's a certain object she's talking about. 'I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what I'm expected to be asking.' Instead of a frown, a cheeky smile forms on her grandmother's face, 'It is nothing, really. I just figured you wouldn't want me to tell Inari about the real reason you went outside. And you most likely aren't thrilled to explain to me why you walked into the neighbours' house.' Her face turns red as she proceeds to walk away again, 'Look at the time, I should really get some sleep before the big dinner tomorrow, I mean tonight. Goodbye.' The sun is showing its first rays of light through the curtain Reika forgot to close before sneaking out, as she darkens the room again, attempting to grab at least some hours of sleep until breakfast.
It felt like mere seconds had passed before her mother banged her fist on the bedroom door. 'The food is ready, hurry up unless you want it to get cold.' She gets up from bed, even though her pillow seems awfully inviting, and opens the window, the morning breeze sending a shiver through her body, waking her completely. It was wasn't until then that the conversation between her and Amaya came back to her, making her want to go back to bed and curl up into a ball for the rest of the day, especially during dinner.

'Amaya. Amaya!' The boy doesn't hear him, too fixated on the boxing sack in front of him. 'Wow. Watch out man.' He had walked between Amaya and the target, resulting in having to dodge the last punch. The boy only grunted, mumbling something about him standing in the way. 'I brought some food and a bottle of water, thought you might need it.' The boy was breathing heavily, exhaustion hitting him like a brick. 'Don't...need it.' Ryota shook his head, 'Look, we both know you're just being stubborn, it's a miracle you haven't fainted after doing this for three hours without even drinking anything. So please just take a short break, if you're not gonna talk to me, atleast pretend to take care of yourself.' Reluctantly, he walked to the bench and took a sip while sitting down. Ryota sat next to him, putting a hand on his back. 'Thank you. I need to leave for work, but I'm glad you're not completely unreachable.' 'Right.' Removing his hand, he wipes it on a towel sitting next to him. 'And while you're taking a break, maybe consider showering. The entire house is gonna smell if you keep walking around all sweaty.' His brother walks away, nearly closing the door behind him, 'Oh, one more thing.' Annoyed, Amaya looks up sharply, wanting to be alone again. 'What.' 'Could you pick out a suit for me, I'll be home around six-thirty and we need to leave at seven O'clock, so need all the time I can spare.' A quick wink, and he was gone, the footsteps fading on his way up. The boy was glad he didn't wait around to see the insuppressible smile forming. He's not wearing dad's.

Reika's mother asks how she slept, she answers to have slept like a baby. 'Good, so you didn't hear your grandmother rummaging in the kitchen?' With her best fake smile she shakes her head, 'No, I was wearing those earplugs you bought me a few weeks back.' A nod and a smile from her mother puts her at ease for now, her grandmother is still looking at Reika, with a raised eyebrow, her mother doesn't notice. 'So mother, when are you going to tell us who the surprise guests are?' 'You'll see when they arrive.' The problem is that she is almost certain to know who these "surprise guests" are, since her mother doesn't have many friends, let along those she would want to introduce to grandmother.

After taking his obligated shower, Amaya picks a nice suit for his brother to wear, a deep dark green paired with a black button-up shirt. If dressing his brother well means gaining points with Reika's grandmother, he will become a personal dresser for this one time. He himself is going to wear a Bordeaux red suit, thankful for his brother to have forced him to a tailor once, just in case.

Looking in the mirror, Reika considers changing her black dress for a pair of pants and blouse, but wouldn't want to give her mother, who is already on the warpath, a reason to get mad. She walks into the living room, where her mother is double-checking the reservation, and her grandmother is looking over her shoulder to make sure it's correct for herself. 'Mother?' The woman, keeping her eyes on the phone screen, nods in Reika's direction to show she's listening. 'What time did you say we had to leave?' 'Seven O'clock, oh, and the neighbors are joining us on the car ride there.'

Squeezed between Ryota and the door, Amaya attempts to catch as much as a glimpse of the girl's beautiful dark eyes, with no luck. He tries to distract himself by listening to the conversation between Reika's grandmother and his brother, but couldn't care less for what color wall would suit a fuchsia couch best.

The girl is staring out the window, using the reflection to observe Amaya, who seems just as bored as her, while not even trying to hide the fact that he is staring at her. He only breaks the stare to whisper something in his brother's ear, whereafter the brother moves a few inches forward, leaving a gap through which Amaya grabs Reika's hand to hold while not being seen by the two women in front. She wants to stay mad, show him that it's not okay to force Reika to spend more time with him by stealing her key, but the finger tracing the creases in her palm is enough to make her heart beat flutter. She doesn't want him to stop, so instead of moving her hand she gives him the smallest smirk, but apparent enough for him to notice, because he answers by gently squeezing her hand. She wants to hug him so bad right now, and just be able to kiss him without the threat of possibly going to boarding school for the second time in her life.

They arrive in front of the restaurant, a valet takes the car away, and they wait for the other guests, of which Amaya and Ryota had just now heard, arrive. A big Mercedes stops in front of the entrance after waiting for about ten minutes, and four people get out. Reika asks her mother why she invited them, the woman doesn't answer and just smiles at the other guests.

A/n
Hey guys, guess who's back🥰