"Being sick doesn't look good on anyone"

Kumagai runs upstairs, upset, she couldn't walk away because Amaya was still at her house. But now he's gone, and he'll never return as her boyfriend, not if her mother has anything to say about it.

*two days later*
'Please let me go for a run, mom. I couldn't go yesterday, and I really need to vent.' 'But it's raining outside, you'll catch a cold. Being sick doesn't look good on anyone and school starts again in two days.' 'I'll dress up warm, and it's good for my skin, especially the rain, it supports blood flow and that causes less pimples.' 'That is true, but how can I be sure you won't see Amaya there?' 'He is still unpacking with Ryota, besides, he never gets up before 10 am if he doesn't have anywhere to go.' 'Ugh, fine, you can go on your run, but if you're not back in an hour, your phone is mine until school starts, the same punishment when I see Amaya leaving his house before you're back.' 'Deal'

She puts on her work-out clothes and grabs a sweater to please her mother. Kumagai starts running across the bridge, and into the forest, but when she's about halfway through it, someone grabs her arm and pushed her against a tree. She is now looking at the happy face of Amaya, he starts kissing her, but she pushes him away, 'What are you trying to do, give me a heartattack?!' 'Not the reaction I was hoping for.' 'Then what were you hoping for?' 'A kiss, obviously. I thought that was clear by me kissing you.' 'Shut up', she says teasingly and kisses him again. He kisses her back, and it gets heated quickly, after a few minutes, his hand starts going from her waist down her hip, and when it's not stopping, Kumagai pulls away from the kiss. 'I think we need to stop, we have more than enough time to go further, but for now, can I just hold you?' He nods and embraces her, smelling her hair, and taking in the scent. They hug and talk for a while, when they realise it's almost been an hour since she left home, and they say their goodbyes. One more kiss and she runs away, the same way that she took at the start of her run.

With barely a minute to spare, she arrives at her house where her mother is already waiting in the door. 'Had a nice run? You don't look extremely exhausted.' 'I am, after hiding from the rain while taking a break, I looked at my phone and realised that it was almost time, so I sprinted the rest of the way.' 'Hmm, sounds believeable, but you're staying home tomorrow, if I'm not there I won't be able to check if you're back in time' 'mother, that doesn't make any sense...' 'just stay at home, I'll be gone at 8 am. And don't you dare pay a visit to Amaya when I'm gone.' 'Then why did you said I could still be friends with him?' 'You can, but not without me keeping an eye on you two.' She sighs, 'well, I'm going to my room now, or am I not even allowed to do that. You won't be able to keep an eye om me there.' 'Don't go acting like a five-year-old now. Just go already.'

She goes to her room and grabs her phone from the holder around her arm.

"Hey handsome"

Luckily Kumagai already had Amaya's phone number, he had given it to her when they ate dinner the other day.

"Goodafternoon mylady"
"Are you home yet?"
"No, I thought it would be suspicious if your mother saw me return home right after you, so I'm just hanging around the statue a bit"
"understandable, but why the statue?"
"It's where we had our first conversation"
"Ahwww you're too thoughful"
"Anytime for you"
"By the way, my mother is going to be at school all day tomorrow"
"Really? You should come to our house"
"Yeah, or you to mine"
"One sec"
"Sure, why?"

Amaya puts down his phone, 'he's standing up, we better run! Hahaahah!' They are making fun of him, but realise their mistake too late, he is way taller than the three attentionseekers. 'What did you just say?' 'N-nothing...' 'yes you did, and I want to hear you say it again.' 'I-I was s-saying', he tries to stand confident, but his shaking voice is ratting him out, 'I'm waiting' 'y-yes.... how s-stupid would you be to sit on our spot...' 'is it your spot, that's odd, since I didn't see a name on here' 'b-but I guess you are already sitting there, so we can find somewhere else to sit...' 'who do you think I am? You can sit here if you want, but now you've insulted me' he has his hand in a fist, and swings at the leader. He doesn't dodge, so he gets hit in the face, the two other try to attack Amaya at the same time, but he grabs their heads and slams them together, he scoffs,'too easy'.

He grabs his phone again,

"Some guys were annoying me, but the're gone now"
"Did you beat them up?"
"What do you think I am, a savage?"
"So you didn't?"
"No, I did, but that doesn't mean you should assume such things about me"
"Allright. Goodnight."
"Goodnight"