Part Two, Chapter Eight: Blackfall Park

Seren found that the environment at the country house, Blackfall Park, agreed with her much better than the one at Blackfall House did. It was much more scenic at the estate, with more greenery, sky and wind present.

  Most importantly was the liveliness it possessed; a liveliness that Blackfall house lacked. Most of the servants had travelled with Seren to the country house—except her husband’s valet, a footman or two, a cook—and, combined with the other servants who only worked at the country house, made a potential royal court. Add to this the critters that lived in the woods that were part of the estate made a royal court and a royal zoo.

  The butler gave Seren a tour of the more interesting exterior parts of the house, including its gardens, ponds, and even a grotto, followed by a tour of the main house itself.

  Another pleasant surprise was the lack of a mention of any secret passageway. The Duke of Filiya’s country seat was the nearest estate, and it was located some several kilometres away, but then again, Seren would not be surprised if any duke from either of the dukedoms had wasted his entire fortune building a railway connecting the two estates.

  The condition of the house was a great delight to Seren and she could not help but compare it, along with the entire estate, to the other great estates she had lived in. Her birth family’s country house, and townhouse, were rather small—or perhaps it was because it was overly cluttered—while her first husband's one…she found she harboured neither any particular liking or dislike towards it.

-

A short chapter, and a bit of Seren's backstory at the end there 👀

On a random side note, my phone's autocorrect changes her name to Sweden lmaoo

-