Chapter Ten: A Gracious Act (part 1)

There seemed to be sobbing coming from the Red Drawing room. Peter passed the room as he headed to his for bed. It might be a ghost, but if anything, Blackfall House was more likely to be haunted.

  It was not his place to investigate, especially since the cries might be coming from someone of a higher place than him, but he could not stop his curiosity. If he continued on without learning the truth, he would be dreaming  that it was three demons having a tea party.

  So he did check.

  The sight of the duchess with her head in her palms caused his heart to stop. If she had been looking up whilst crying, she probably would have dismissed him a second time.

  Yet, despite her past action, the sight did still fill him with pity. Who wouldn’t feel wretched watching another being feel the same? Her Grace hadn’t—

  Peter sneaked towards her, his muscles disobeying the orders of his mind. Before he could stop himself, he took the handkerchief from his trouser pocket, quietly said, “Your Grace,” and held the fabric out for her.

  The duchess looked up from her palms and jerked back and hesitated. Before she accepted the handkerchief and went back to crying.

  Meanwhile, Peter regained control of his mind and dashed right out, towards the safety of his room.

  Satisfied with knowing that Blackfall Park was out haunted by ghosts, and already knowing the handkerchief would not be returned, Peter fell asleep, and slept, without disturbance.

-

Thoughts about Peter in this chapter?

I kinda have a mild headache which is being a major inconvenience so I have nothing else to say LOL

-