19 • Glamorous

A/N: just want to clear up that since she's only 3 months pregnant, her bump isn't showing. As she was quite skinny before it'll just look like she's put weight on

It took us two weeks to do the preparations and make this not seem like we're desperate to announce my leadership. In all honesty, it lines up perfectly with the timing of Ricardo's accident because this is our response to it; protecting the family reputation.

Our hotel lobby is decorated with its classic gold accented furniture and vintage paintings, humming with light orchestral music and filled with nearly every businessman in the state - legal and illegal. At the entryway, every member is required to hand over any form of weapon they have on them. Luca reassured me that any bloodshed wouldn't happen because "you're the host, Rosa" but I had to take precautions.

"Mama," my firing nerves relax when I see her sitting at one of the tables with a fancy dessert and a champagne glass in hand. She notices me striding over to her but refocuses her attention to the chocolate truffle. I sit and lean in close to her making sure my voice is hushed, "are you sure this dress doesn't make me look pregnant?"

She mumbles something to herself before inhaling a deep breath, "no Rose, it doesn't. I've said this to you eight times already, you're just over 3 months. At 4, you'll just look a bit chubbier and you won't start showing until 5."

"Sorry, I'm just paranoid," I wipe my palms on my dress.

"Don't be. You'll just stress yourself out and that's bad for," her eyes flit to my stomach and she sits back, crossing one leg over the other. Her belted, white midi dress makes her look even younger than her original age and deems it impossible for her to have birthed three children and still look like a model. The large Swarovski earrings dangle over her collarbone and sit in front of her straight, shoulder-length brown hair.

"You look really pretty," I compliment her.

"Me?" She scoffs in disbelief. "Honey, you look like a goddess and you're hardly wearing any make-up." Her hand gestures to the mirrored vase on the table and I catch my reflection in it.

The only make-up I managed to apply with an anxiety-ridden mind was dark red lipstick and bronze eyeshadow. My red hair is braided into an updo with two curled strands out and a bronze, rhinestone tiara in it that matches the colour of my heels. I also am wearing hooped, matching earrings. The one-shoulder dress is the colour of emeralds, embroidered with lace and gracefully twisted around my waist with a split in the middle, reaching the floor.

"But you wouldn't know that yet because your biggest admirer just walked in," her brown eyes sparkle with smugness and float towards the entrance.

"I'll be right back," I lift the back of my dress so I don't trip on it and stand. She hums unconvincingly and bites into her chocolate, cautious not to drop it on her white dress. As I walk towards the entrance, many people attempt to converse with me and I smile politely at them.

"I hope you two turned your weapons in," I raise an eyebrow at Luca and Brando when I'm in front of them.

"Anything for you, Rosa," Luca smirks and I ogle it. I take notice of his clean-shaven jaw, the sharpness to his features highlighting his grey eyes and the rugged look to his brown hair that sends my mind into a frenzy, for some reason. My eyes cast to his dark grey suit, the blazer buttoned over a white dress shirt with a black tie. That's the first I've ever seen him in a tie.

I have to bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from visibly swooning over him.

Turning to Brando, he's also dressed smartly in a black suit and his blonde hair is swept back. I smile as a greeting and he lowers his head, nodding. "Where's Oak?"