42 • Empathetic

I'm craving porridge and Chilli Heatwave Doritos. It's weird, I know, but I can't get that taste out of my mouth. It's like an itch that can't be scratched.

I find the Doritos in the cupboard with a yellow post-it note saying 'Marco' on it but I take it out anyway. Usually, I wouldn't touch it but I'm the pregnant one, not him. And Luca told everyone that I have priority over all the food in this house.

Once I've whipped together the porridge, I turn and accidentally knock the bag of Doritos off the counter and fumble as it falls to the floor.

You've got to be joking me.

"Per l'amor del cazzo, you dumb bag! I literally can't bend over and you decide to fall," [for fuck sakes] I exasperate, holding my temples. The bag doesn't say anything, it just lays there smirking at me.

Did I just speak to a bag? You're going crazy, Rose.

Okay, you've got this. I exhale a quick breath and hold my stomach as I start to do some yoga stuff to lower my body to the ground. Slowly, I crouch down and strain my arm as I reach for it. My fingertips graze it a little and the muscles in my arms stretch.

I wince as my stomach cramps. Stupid baby!

I lean forward just a little further and my socks slip causing me to shriek. When my dress flies up, I shiver as the cold floor makes contact straight with my butt. Ow.

Huffing, I grab the Doritos and hug it close to my chest. I'm not even going to bother to try and get up because I know I won't be able to. Eventually, someone will come in and find me but while I'm waiting I might as well eat.

I put my hand into the air and hit along the counter until it comes into contact with the bowl of porridge and grab it.

I hate being pregnant, but at least this tastes good.

I've already eaten like half of the packet before I hear someone enter. It's probably been about...10 minutes?

"Oh hey, floor party!" Marco exclaims when he enters the kitchen. Thank you, Lord. He rushes to sit down next to me and doesn't waste any time indulging in the Doritos with porridge.

"Eugh, this is disgusting!" He splutters and springs up on his feet to the sink, furiously washing the taste out of his mouth.

"I can't believe you wasted my Doritos on that...abomination! You're ridiculous, Rose, utterly ridiculous!" Marco turns to me with a disgusted look and stomps his foot before leaving the kitchen. Okay, Chloe Bourgeois.

Suddenly, I perk up when I remember that I'm supposed to ask him to help me. Ugh, stupid pregnancy making me forget things.

"Wait, come back!" I call but he's already out of earshot. I sigh in deflation. Great, I guess I'm stuck here for longer.

I don't even know how much time passes but I decided to ration on the Doritos. I'm not sure how long I'll be stranded here so I need to make preparations.

I hear sniffing and the pads of paws. Ricky appears and raises his head when he sees me, his tongue hanging out of his mouth. I smile at his cute little puppy face and he runs over to me, laying down and putting his head on my lap so I can pet him.

His fur is the softest thing I've ever touched. With my other hand, I dip the Dorito into the bowl of porridge and my tastebuds moan as I put it in my mouth. Ricky leans over and sniffs, instantly retracting his head.

"Not you too," I sigh, scratching behind his ears, "it doesn't even taste that bad."

He yawns as a response and I narrow my eyes at him. Rude. That action always makes him sleepy.