35 • Sympathetic

I feel like such an idiot.

He's been so nice to me, he's waiting for me, he trusts me, and I haven't even told him parts about me that need to be said. Now that I've mentioned it, Samuel and his little rebellion squad haven't made another move on us since the shoot-out. Luca probably scared them off with the whole 'touch her and you die' thing.

Undeniably the hottest thing he's ever done.

That's subjective. He's done hotter things. But I'll definitely file that near the top of Hot things Luca Armani has done.

Regardless, I'm still going to tell him. I look down the hallway and he disappears into a room before I can call him. Amazing.

I walk down it, passing my room and his as they are the only two rooms I know of in this corridor; besides that, I don't know what else is here.

"No!" Marco yells and wedges between me and the door. He grips the door handle so I can't, and I stare at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Erm...hi," I say, tilting my head in confusion.

"Hey, Rosalie. Long time no see," Marco chuckles awkwardly.

"I saw you like five minutes ago when you told me to cover up your hickeys," I remind him.

I was casually minding my business reading an article on how to prepare for my baby and he burst into my room saying 'Sabrina went wild. I need you to cover my hickeys'. TMI but luckily, we're sort of the same skin tone, so I used my concealer and then trashed the brush. I do not want her lip and saliva elements on my face, thank you very much.

"You did?" He rubs the back of his neck and glances around quickly as if searching for something. "Well, every second I'm not with you is like torture to my soul."

I roll my eyes and then point to the door. "Can you move, please? I need to speak to Luca."

"He's not in there," his words are slurred because he spouts them so fast. Oh my God! The one time I finally want to come clean to Luca and this damn universe is so against it.

"I saw him go in," I respond, slowly.

"No you didn't...that was his ghost," he straightens up as if he was electrocuted and holds my shoulders spinning me around and guiding me away, "yes that's it. There's been ghosts wandering around here. And as your bodyguard, I'd advise you to stay in your room until told otherwise."

"Marco, don't piss me off." My tone is harsh because my blood ignites in annoyance. I plant my feet, stopping him from moving me any further. "I know he's in there, there's no such thing as ghosts and I need to speak to him. Why aren't you letting me go into the damn room?"

Marco halts and has a conflicting look on his face. I take this as my opportunity and dash towards the door.

"Rose!" He calls. The door opens and Brando steps out with a phone to his ear in mid-convo. He stops the second he sees me and shuts the door behind him.

"Erm," Brando's blue eyes are as wide as saucers as he glances between me and Marco. What the hell is going on?

He has a thoughtful expression on his face before he says into the phone, "I'll send my friend." Then, he hangs up, pocketing it into his leather jacket.

"She shouted at me," Marco pouts and I turn around and glare at him. He sticks his tongue out at me.

"Don't take it to heart. She sort of has no control over her hormones right now," Brando responds and appears to be more casual compared to Marco's nervousness and awkwardness.

"Thank you!" I exclaim. Brando is the calm, collected and logical one out of us. He knows more about my pregnancy than I do that's why whenever I have a problem, I just go to him. He told me he remembers most things from when his mom was pregnant with Maya as he was 11 then.