46 • Sentimental

Rose

Marco and I spent the day together, as usual, following the events of yesterday. He hasn't spoken about it yet but I reassured him that I'm here for him. He kept it short and simple by saying he doesn't care and that he's just glad he's dead.

"Why is it stinging?" He shrieks, fanning his face which has a cucumber face mask on there. I was applying it to my face and, obviously, he wanted to do it too so I put it on him.

"It's supposed to," I respond, lying on the sunbed next to him as I feel the slight stinging on my skin.

Oakley never did facials with me because he always thought that if he did then his facial hair wouldn't come out. But, he would always help me apply it and feed me while I had it on.

"What is this even going to do?" Marco asks, his eyes tearing up.

"It'll cleanse your skin of any impurities and tighten your pores to reduce breakouts. And trust me, I need it. This dumb pregnancy has triggered my acne," I play with my braid as I turn to look at him. I've had a small outbreak on my upper cheeks so I'm doing this to stop any more from coming out.

"Your acne is not that bad, Rosalie. Personally, I find acne attractive. It's like a symbol of womanhood," he grins and then cringes, most likely from the stinging.

"Thank you, Marco. You're going to win every girl's heart by saying that," I smile at him and reach for my water bottle.

"The only girl's heart I want to win is yours," he smirks at me and then rolls his eyes, "but unfortunately you've decided to hand that over to my cousin."

"And I don't regret it," I tell him. I knew being in a relationship with Luca was going to be hard, because I'm pretty sure this is his first, but I was determined that we could fight through all the struggles. Today, I've hardly seen him and yeah he has his busy days. In cases like this, he'd always message me to check up on me, but he hasn't.

"Can I ask you something?" Marco breaks the silence, "if let's say, you slept with me instead of him that night, would you still have fallen in love with him?"

Would I? There were many times when I fell back on the idea of him caring about me because he broke his rule about one-night stands.

But, if we take out that element of us sleeping together, there are still a lot of things he did that would've made me fall for him. He still would've made that deal about the fights with us. Fair enough, we wouldn't have gotten blackmailed with those pictures but we would've been followed and he would've saved me. Nevertheless, our mafias would've gotten threatened and we would've allied.

I obviously wouldn't be pregnant and I wouldn't be living with him. But, I know myself and that's enough to make me fall for him.

"I'd like to think so. I mean, yeah, we had a higher advantage because we had already slept together but I felt that there was still something there between us regardless of all of that," I answer after sipping my water.

"Damn, so it wouldn't have been whoever you fucked first?"

"No, you're amazing and I love you," I touch his arm and grimace, "but you're not really my type."

Marco frowns, "what is?"

"Dark hair, striking eyes, brooding, mysterious, protective," I start to list before I realise I'm describing one person and one person only, "basically all the things that Luca is."

"And I thought he was the only one whipped as fuck," he scoffs, "craving of the hour?"

I ponder for a little while until one pops up in my head, "peanut butter."