You Remember - Wanda Maximoff

You're standing there shuffling from one foot to the other, going over and over the words as your hands rest behind your back to try and stop you from fiddling with them. It wasn't working very well as you were gently pulling at your fingers, while your teeth pulled at your bottom lip. You close your eyes trying to calm your breathing as a small bead of sweat runs down the side of your face and your heart nearly beats out of your chest, you worry it will break through soon enough. 

A hand on your shoulder makes you jump, opening your eyes and turning your head  to see your brother giving you a soft smile. He pulls your body around to face him, bringing his handkerchief out of his pocket and dabs at your forehead; collecting the small amount of sweat that has started to form. He rolls the handkerchief back up, putting it into his pocket, his hands cupping your face as he brushes your hair behind your ear. 

"Breathe for me." You let out a small huffed laugh, your head bowing in embarrassment at how nervous you are. "In and out. Slow deep breaths." 

You did as you were told, listening to your older brother as he slowed his breathing, placing your hand on his chest to get you to follow. His soft gaze never wavering from yours as you finally start to calm down a bit. You may have been a soldier like him, but your anxiety has always been something you struggle with. Only made worse by the super soldier serum Hydra had recreated and used on you much like your brother, and the amount of names that grow on the list of those killed by your hand. Yet your brother was always there to help, even when he couldn't ever remember who you were due to the mind wiping. 

"Thank you Bucky* you shake your shoulders out getting the last of your nervous jitters out of your system as he taps your cheek lightly with a laugh.

"What is an older brother for, eh?" You roll your eyes, giving him a gentle shove. "And technically I'm the older one now, by like 3 years so go take your ego about our age as well." 

"Just because I blipped and you didn't, doesn't mean I'm going to stop teasing you for beating you in being born." Your face scrunches in disgust as he chuckles. 

"Great, now all I'm thinking about is mom giving birth. Bleugh." Your body shivers in slight disgust as Bucky laughs out loud, covering his mouth with his hands 

"Shut up, she's coming." Sam hits both of your shoulders making you roll your eyes as he gives you the once over before nodding and turning his attention to the right. 

You nudge Bucky with your elbow as you turn around, setting your feet shoulder width apart on the floor, taking in a deep breath as you look down at a spot on the floor. You close your eyes for just a second, Bucky's hand on your shoulder giving you one last reassuring squeeze before he stands up straight and sets his attention to the right. 

Once you hear light footsteps you push your back up straight, rolling your shoulders to make your posture as straight as possible: bringing your hands to rest in front of you. The soldier in you showing. Your head slowly turns to the right and you smile when you see Morgan and Nathaniel walking towards you. Morgan is in the red and gold petted dress she had picked out herself. 

"I'm 6. I'm more than old enough to pick out my own dress." You smile at the memory of the sassy 6 year old who had her nose scrunched at the dress her mom was holding up to her, so it was decided that she could indeed choose whatever dress she wanted. 

Your eyes find Peppers and you nod your head towards her daughter and you get an eye roll in reply that makes you hide a laugh. 

Nathaniel has his tongue poking out the corner of his lips as he concentrates on walking and not dropping the small cushion in his hands. His suit is a simple navy blue with a matching bow tie, with his hair messily styled. You're sure he probably ran when Clint moved towards him with the tub of hair putty. Both of them make their way to the front taking, followed closely by Yelena and Kate. Kate is wearing a balck suit and tie while Yelena wears black pants, with a white shirt and grey jacket. Both of you had given her approval to wear the clothes she felt most comfortable in over fitting any sort of wedding attire. They make sure the two young children sit in the right slot, as they both give you a smile and wave, which you instantly do back whispering back a hi. The two best friends move to stand on the opposite end of the stand, sending you a soft nod and smile.