In Every Universe - Part 6

"Mom?" Natasha's voice wavers as she blinks back a few tears, as you smile with a small nod. "You remember me?"

"I do. I don't remember much but whatever my life was before is slowly coming back."

"Do you remember Wanda?"

Before you can answer a loud alarm rings around the room, Natasha jumping to her feet as soon as she hears it and you watch as she checks her guns before holstering them. The ringing in the room does not help with the ringing in your head and you cover your ears, curling up slightly to try and block as much sound out as you can. You jump slightly as a hand is pressed on your back, hearing a small muffled conversation before the sound stops.

"Hey sweetie it's gonna be okay, but we got to get you somewhere safer than this." You uncurl yourself slightly to look at Natasha who still has a protective hand on your back but her gun in the other.

"What's going on?" Natasha looks to the door before looking back at you with a sympathetic smile.

"Looks like your old friends want you back." You stiffen slightly at her words, one part of your brain scared to leave those you are just starting to remember but the other part rejoicing that you are finally being saved from your captures.

"Well, where's safer than being tied to a hospital bed?" Natasha lets out a small chuckle at your quirky smile as her hand moves from your hand to the cuffs which unlock after she types in a code.

"Unfortunately for you honey we are going to have to give you a crash course in whose who because we have to head to the others."

"I already know who everyone is." You stand up from the bed, albeit a little shakily since your body has been in the same spot for a week and Natasha is quick to wrap her arm around your waist.

"You may know who they are on paper, but I mean you got to at least meet them all once right?" You don't argue as Natasha starts leading the two of you out of the room and towards the elevators.

"Are you not going to give me a weapon to defend myself?"

"You may remember who I am but it doesn't mean you are all fixed and wouldn't turn the gun on me."

"You don't trust me?"

"I want to." You hum with a smile.

"I mean you're probably right, who knows what I might do if I have a gun in my hand." Nat chuckles as she leans you against the wall so she can press the button for the elevator and takes a knife from her boot.

"Says the one with the crazy powers, but here's a knife just to put your mind at ease.." You flip the knife a few times in your hand.

"I guess a knife will do." You go to put the knife in your pocket, but look down to realise you are only in a hospital gown. "Uh Na-mom."

"Yes sweetie." Natasha can't hide the smile as you call her mom and as she looks at you, you gesture to your attire. "Right, I guess you don't want to meet the avengers butt ass naked in a hospital gown. It's a good thing we are going past the armoury so you can pick up your ensemble."

"Cool." You give a thumbs up with a cheeky smile, relieved that you want to meet everyone in a hospital gown.

"Come on." The elevator dings open as Natasha's wraps her hand back around your waist pulling you into the metal box.

"I can feel my legs again, you can - uh - let go, you know if you want." You stand up straighter, now standing a few inches above Natasha hiding your smile when you feel her arm tighten around you slightly.

"Maybe once I see you walk in a straight line without limping then I will believe you."

"You want me to walk in a straight line, with my finger on my nose. Pat my head and rub my stomach. Maybe give you a breathalyser test too, officer."