In Every Universe

Description of death, blood and injury.

"Y/n answer your comms." You hear the faint sound of Natasha calling out to you but it hardly registers with the sound of the building creaking above you ready to collapse and take you with it at any moment. "Please, honey, please I can't lose you too."

"FRIDAY, status report of Y/n's position and Vitals." Now it's Tony's voice followed by the robotic one of Friday telling him all the information she can gather from what your suit is telling them.

"Come on Lady Y/n get out of there." You cough groaning as you feel something wet land on your face, probably blood that you've just coughed everywhere but your arms are too weak to wipe it off and check.

"Bitch you better get out of there because if you die I'm going to bring you back to life just to kill you again." Your ears are ringing but Wanda's voice makes it through loud and clear and a small chuckle escapes you but quickly replaced with a wince as pain shoots around your body.

"Figure something out Tony, we have to go in and get her!" You barely register the words but you can hear the panic in Steve's voice as the building creaks more, not sure whether the smoke is creating an illusion of the building swaying above you or if it's about to finally drag you down with it.

"I'm trying. FRIDAY are there any points of entry into the building that are safe for me to get to."

"Guys." You hope they can hear you, your logic is if you can hear them then your mic is still working and they can hear you.

"Y/n, oh thank god." You hear Natasha's voice trembling but the small amount of hope behind it.

"Mom." Your voice is weak as you cough again groaning as pain shoots through your entire body as you feel more blood drip from your mouth.

"No, don't say it like that. Don't say it like that." The panic sets in within Natasha again as she hears the way your voice is drained of its normal lightness.

"Mom please." Your hand shifts to your ribcage as you feel your shirt sticking to your skin, groaning and wincing as you feel your shirt is soaked and you don't have to wonder this time as you know it's your blood. "I just want to say thank you for being the mom I always wanted."

"Y/n do not talk like that, we are working on getting you out of there. You just gotta hold on a few more minutes. Can you do that for me?"

"Mom."

"No, don't mom me. Promise me you will hold on until we get to you?" You can hear the break in her voice, a lump building in your throat. "Promise me. Please promise me."

"I..." You clear your throat, closing your eyes as tears build up. "I promise to do my best."

"Honey." You let the tears roll down your cheeks as you wet your lips preparing to say what you need to say.

"Thank you for stepping up and being my mom. Ever since I joined the avengers 10 years ago, I was just a small scared 17 year old." You chuckle, holding back a wince, as you think back to the first day you walked into the avengers compound.

/\/\/\/\

"And this is the avengers common room." Wanda gives you a wide smile as she waves her arm in front of her showing off the room as your eyes trail around it.

"Woah." You smile widely as you take in the scene of the pristine common room, with an open plan kitchen and living room, a large TV surrounded by 3 5-seater couches.

"Yeah that was my reaction when I saw how big the kitchen was." You smile, turning your head to look at Wanda who has a shy smile on her face fiddling with the end of her sleeves.