In Every Universe - Final Part

Once again you wake up slowly to the sound of beeping, keeping your eyes closed as you groan slightly at the way your whole body aches. You feel your hand being squeezed, a muffled voice being drowned out by the beeping, and you squeeze it back letting whoever is holding your hand you are most definitely now awake.

"Everything hurts so much. Never doing that again." You mumble as the sound of beeping stops, slightly flinching when a soft hand finds home on your cheek and pushes some hair behind your ear.

"Can you try opening your eyes for me?" You scrunch your brows slightly as you flutter your eyes open. The bright lights of the medical bay that you expected to be on are turned off and instead there is a small lamp on.

"What happened?" You groan rubbing your free hand against your face as your eyes finally look up to the person standing next to you.

"Hi ba-Y/n." You see the hesitation in her eyes as they look down to your joined hands realising she is still holding it but when she tries to let go you just hold onto it tighter.

"Hello Miss Maximoff." You keep your voice quiet, your throat sore and scratchy. "Could I have some water please."

"Of course." Wanda's eyes continue to look at your hands as her thumb runs over your knuckles using her magic to pass you a cold glass of water from the bedside table.

"Thank you." Wanda looks back at you, and you watch as her eyes take you all in.

"How are you fee-."

"I'm sorry I don't remember us." Wanda's mouth opens and closes as she tries to think of what to say as her eyes move to look in yours, and you chuckle awkwardly. "Sorry I just, I know from what people have said or the way you call me baby instead of Y/n like everyone else. It was pretty obvious."

"You don't have to apologise, uhm, It's not really your fault you know." A few tears build in Wanda's eyes as she lets out a shaky breath, her eyes diverting to look anywhere but you.

"Miss Maximoff."

"Please call me Wanda." She chuckles lightly using her free hand to wipe at her eyes.

"Miss Maximoff." You say it with such softness that Wanda doesn't fight it, not that she likes it, she just doesn't want to fight a battle she knows she may not win. "My brain may not remember but I know my heart does."

"Uhm-how- I. What do you mean?" She stutters and this time you don't ignore the way your heart skips a beat at how flustered and cute she seems to be acting.

"Well." You take her free hand in yours bringing it to your chest and pressing her palm against your skin just above your heart. "You feel that."

"It's beating." You smile rolling your eyes and Wanda chuckles but then gasps.

"Yeah that." She presses her hand against your chest more as she feels your heart speed up." I want to remember, I do."

"It may just take time." She finishes your sentence for you and you nod. "Well it's a good thing I'm patient. I thought I had lost you, for over a year I grieved you. But I can wait for as long as it takes for your brain to catch up with your heart."

"I'm not sure how long that wait will be." Wanda uses her magic to move you over slightly in the bed so she can sit criss-cross applesauce next to you.

"Well while we wait. How about we start again?" You quirk a brow as Wanda swivels around to face you, putting her elbow on the railing of the bed and rests her head in her hand.

"And what does that entail?" Wanda smiles cheekily holding her other hand out towards you.

"Hi, I'm Wanda Maximoff."