The view from the Top

****

Two Weeks have passed

The elite team stood quietly as Abby berated them for their recent loss against the one and only Candy Apples. They hadn't performed up to her standards and let a boy's team beat them, it was humiliating.

"Candy Apples got a perfect score, that's hard to get unless your Eden-Rose of course and Cathy wants to do it again. She knew Eden wasn't going to be with us, she thought we were going to be weaker and you proved her right. Cathy went in for the kill and got the meal. Don't let it happen again!" Abby deadpanned not in the mood to soften her blow, the girls sighed in defeat they were always trying to fight against Eden's shadow. It loomed heavier when she wasn't here.

"I'm going to get straight down to pyramid,  on the bottom we have Mackenzie. You don't dance, well there's nothing to critique you on is there?" Abby asked rhetorically before moving on.

"Next is Nia and Asia, that wasn't a duet. It wasn't partners working together. Asia you were double timing everything and then it was Nia trying to keep up. That is not Abby Lee Dancers, do better" Christy tried to keep her face neutral, Asia had never been so low on the pyramid and it was disappointing.

"Next is Brooke.. you do the side aerial to front knee, your the first face to come forward. You need to lock eyes with one of those judges, you need to draw them in and tell them the story. All we saw was the top of your head" Abby instructed not missing Kelly's miserable look.

"Moving up we have Paige, you didn't pull my focus not in a good way, not in a bad way. I think that's a good thing. Next is Kendall, you have been having a good couple of weeks. But you kind of flew under the radar.."

"Maddie! two weeks ago there was only 11 points between you and the second place contestant. Last week there was only one, you didn't have your head switched on! Do you thing Eden-Rose would have felt good if someone was only 1 point behind her? The answer is No and that is why she is the next person on the pyramid. Now Eden's arrival has been delayed until Thursday, but she will be joining us for the View" Abby informed them.

"And on Top of the pyramid is Chloe! You stayed on your music Chloe, you remembered the choreography, you applied the corrections, You were Beautiful! Well Done" Abby complemented the girl.

 Christie applauded her daughter on the accomplishment, it was the first time Chloe had reached the top of the pyramid this season. 

"We will not be going to competition this week... as you know I have been invited to co-host 'The View'  this is a huge honor for me. This is going to be on national television! and I'm nervous. You's will be dancing the 'Last Text' that is our focus this week, no competition." 

"Are all the girls in the dance Abby?" Kelly asked her eyes flickering over to there newest member.

"No, I will see who fits in best. As of right now Asia will be taking Mackenzie's place, she has been injured for the past few weeks so it makes sense" 

"Asia?! But Mackenzie is a team member and was a part of the original dance?" Melissa butted in. 

"I thought Mackenzie was injured Melissa, or does it switch and change to suit your needs? " Christie remarked sick of the woman's schemes. Mackenzie was only injured when it suited her, no doubt Melissa wouldn't let her go head to head with Asia.